What Do You Play?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

StandbySetting

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Just interested in any musical instruments anyone plays, I play guitar, post a pic of your instrument too if you like, currently playing a Strat, the original glossy finish is starting to look distressed, I've had it for nearly 6 years played it more or less everyday for at least an hour, through a 15W Marshall MG series and a crappy Squier practice amp, the Squier just adds a little more gain/treble:

IMG_0737.jpg

i have an old fender semi acoustic...which i love, however it's in my loft and has been since my children came along. I do have a cheap Ukulele though which keeps me happy.

I have played the oboe, flute and french horn, but my favourites to play were always the recorder (in a group, and I played treble, on their own recorders are vile!) and the piano. I actually really miss having a piano, can't fit one in this house, but if/when we ever move I'll be hunting for a house in which I can fit an upright piano.

I've got a fender stratacousic and a yamaha pacifica, sometimes play the skin flute when im bored. :look:

I play, or used to play piano & Spanish guitar.
No room in my current house for a piano, & not played guitar in years which is a shame

hese some pictures of my electrics. im died in the wool Fender, i love my telecasters.

1962 custom telecaster :hyper:

P1010528.jpg

P1010529.jpg

and with my RI 1972 custom telecster

bothfullfrontsmaller.jpg

me recording with it

DSC00080.jpg

and a limited edition satin finish strat. they only made these for one year in (i think)4 different colours. i never liked strats, but as soon as i picked it up, i had to have to have it plays amazingly, and the finish is beautiful.

P1010525.jpg

P1010526.jpg

i hope the photo conveys what the finish is lie, its like teflon in your frying pan. completely non stick, great for when you're playing.

ive also got a fender acoustic and a Seagull 12 string acoustic.

Have played.... Recorder, Flute, Piano, Percussion, Cornet, and started the Guitar but stopped 'cos my teacher was a twerp ! Thinking of starting up again though. LOVE Les Paul style guitars :)

heres my seagull 12 string, which i pretty much stole from the shop. had no intention of buying a guitar when i went in, picked this up, sounds unreal, good make, 130 quid because it needs new strings and theres a slight ding on the back. im talking couple of mm mark. got home checked it on the web, its a 380 quid guitar hahahahahahahahaha. the top wood is unfinished cedar, au natural. its very easy to damage, as you can see (you can press your fingernail into with little effort), but not being painted or varnished, it sounds so gooooood.

DSC_0056-3.jpg

and heres a quick pic of my pedal bag, marshall echo/delay pedal, boss tuner which daisychains to power all the other pedals, so i only need one plug to power them all. danelectro trip-l-wah, zebra finish. normal, treble, and bass wah, very good. and the electro harmonix valve powered english muff'n. i used to have a genuine EH big muff, but it was too fuzzy for me. the valves in the english muffn give a much better sound for me, made my amps gain channel redundant.

DSC_0059-1.jpg

my practice amp. german made, late 70's, pukka celestion speaker, and its tweed. this was free with the '62 tele. wasnt working, cost me a quid for an electrical component to fix it. my main amp is in the shed, doesnt get used much these days. big fender something or other, again 25+ years old. got that from cash converters haha, cost me about 50 quid. its mint.

DSC_0058-1.jpg

found this pic with my fender amp in. wow my tank used to look so different

P1010977.jpg

I have not yet been exposed to a musical instrument that I cannot play..... If it is something I have not yet been exposed to..... leave me alone in a room with the instrument and allow me one hour...... I'll come out of there and play your requested songs (by ear)..... I was also in a youth choir where I did the solos and did the solos (as schoolkid) in the church (adult) choir as well.....

To mention a few that I am (rather) fluent at is E-Flat (or French) horn, Guitar, Mellodica, Harmonica, Concertina, Base Violin, Banjo, Bugle, Piano accordion, keyboards of all sorts, Piccallo, ..... Others I have played on occassion is Tuba, Violin, Jewish Harp, Trumpet, trombone, Bagpipes, Flute, pennywhistle, Harp.... to name a few......

I'll try get a few photos of bands I played in, but not many of those around..... (must also mention that it's been at least 5 years since I touched an instrument of any sorts - but it's like riding a bycicle..... You never forget).....

I still have a few instruments (somewhere in a cupboard) around the house...... and feel very tempted to get them out after posting this.... lol!

That's an amzing talent to have, Ludwig! My Uncle Tom was the same; he also made his own Hawaiian guitars :)

I'm not musical at all, though I love listening. I have this theory that people are either musicians or artists, in their hearts; you can find out which is which by asking if they'd rather be blind or deaf; musicians alsways say they'd rather be blind and artists always say they'd rather be deaf!

I'm awaiting the arrival of a new guitar, I'll get pics up when I receive it, in the mean time here's two clips I put on youtube a few weeks ago, for some reason the dam audio/video becomes unsynchronised and the final notes are cut off :grr:

Pentatonic solo, more blues pentatonic really as the flat 5th has been included:
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WngXbD5nocY[/media]
Paranoid solo:
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwD8D8YIUgg[/media]

Comments and criticism welcome :)

Does anyone have any experience of changing guitar pick ups? I want to replace the humbuckers on my new guitar to Seymour Duncan's, an SH-5 in the bridge position and a '59 in the neck position.

I've been playing saxophone (alto and tenor) since I was 10 (18years). I also can sing (yes the voice is an instrument). When it comes to singing, I'm a high alto, low soprano. I'll post pics of my saxophone when I take one lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back