do you fast your male betta?

I feed my Cichlids when they follow me up and down the tank and look hungry, you only have to give them a taste and they will be happy. It keeps them settled and lets them know you love them.

I might move to feeding every day then. I love feeding my cichlids itā€™s absolutely anarchy. Iā€™ll video it sometime and post it on here. Water is splashing and fish almost jumping out lol very interesting watching the amount I have feed

I might move to feeding every day then. I love feeding my cichlids itā€™s absolutely anarchy. Iā€™ll video it sometime and post it on here. Water is splashing and fish almost jumping out lol very interesting watching the amount I have feed
When you feed them hang about and get them eating out of your hand

Like this
DSC00898.JPG

Just googled, could I use frozen supermarket prawns? And defrost them in hot water then feed by hand?
You can use whatever you like, experiment. My Discus are eating Venison and in the past, I have used Ox Heart. Play round and see what they like.

Just googled, could I use frozen supermarket prawns? And defrost them in hot water then feed by hand?
You can use whatever you like, experiment. My Discus are eating Venison and in the past, I have used Ox Heart. Play round and see what they like.

thanks for all the input. seems like some people do and some don't. i would have to watch n see what is best for my betta.
and yes he is living in a living in a jar but gets frequent water changes. he looks healthier than most betta in shops do nobody needs to worry.

How long has he been living in the jar though?

Never deliberately. If I'm too busy he may miss a meal, but I don't purposely fast him, never needed to.

Just got some frozen, already cooked and skinned prawns from the shop, does it matter if it says 99% prawn and 1% salt?

Prawns aren't a good staple for bettas... maybe as a treat. They are insectivores so mosquito larvae, black fly larvae, tubifex worms, daphnia, brine shrimp, bloodworms etc are much more nutritionally sound options to feed.

Prawns aren't a good staple for bettas... maybe as a treat. They are insectivores so mosquito larvae, black fly larvae, tubifex worms, daphnia, brine shrimp, bloodworms etc are much more nutritionally sound options to feed.

I know itā€™s for cichlids as a treat sorry lol

I feed my Cichlids when they follow me up and down the tank and look hungry, you only have to give them a taste and they will be happy. It keeps them settled and lets them know you love them.
Cichlids are intelligent and associate you with food, if you don't feed them when they see you all you do is tick them off.
Fish do not have emotions, they don't feel "loved", "happy" or "ticked off"....they aren't capable

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back