Disgusted At The Lfs

Is anyone aware as to how the dye the fish? I can't seem to find (not surprisingly) any info on the actual process. 

jeeze, i just dont know. and the dying process alone seems ridiculously cruel. how disgusting.

I don't even think its legal in Australia to do something like that. I dont even think that glo fish ( zebra danios ) should be allowed.

Yeah I've never seen them in Australia, tbh I didn't even know that people did something like this... Surely there is some sort of animal welfare act that can stop this happening? There dont seem to be that many regulations on what you can and cant do with pet fish :( rather disheartening. I've stopped going to one of the lfs in SA when I saw that they were trying to sell CAE's as a type of catfish...

that is discusting! 
evilmad.gif
  they arent even 'cool' looking.. they look like they are some unnatural creature form the moon
sad.png

I have been back a few times and they still do it...the frogs seem to be living which is baffling. I can only think that some air is trapped in the hood and the frogs are breathing that....

TallTree01 said:
I dont even think that glo fish ( zebra danios ) should be allowed.
Eh? What's wrong with Zebras? Or do you have some weird fish called the same as ours down there?

Lunar Jetman said:
Eh? What's wrong with Zebras? Or do you have some weird fish called the same as ours down there?

He means the 'Glo-Fish', GM Zebr Danio's. I am happy to say they are banned here in the UK, i'm pretty sure you can still get dyed fish but they are pretty rare due to the negative reputation and PR that comes with them; the shops i go to have never had them, they seem to genuinely care about the fish.

Tuxyu3 said:

He means the 'Glo-Fish', GM Zebr Danio's. I am happy to say they are banned here in the UK, i'm pretty sure you can still get dyed fish but they are pretty rare due to the negative reputation and PR that comes with them; the shops i go to have never had them, they seem to genuinely care about the fish.

Ok! I see the odd dyed fish/amphibian in fish shops but thankfully very rarely.

W
Lunar Jetman said:

Ok! I see the odd dyed fish/amphibian in fish shops but thankfully very rarely.

We got loads of zebra danios. I meant the genetically engineered fish that they use to test water. I've never liked any non natural fish ( except albinos ) including hybrids.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back