Dawn On The Reef

Think il end up going with one of these too. Unless i can make a decent one. Be no room in my sump soon
Been thinking about doing that for ages Ben, getting the tube wasn't a problem but the endcaps was.

How are you getting on with the SPS?
All going pretty well with new growth, still would prefer better lighting.

that pump looks great! what make is it?
It's a Stream 420...Italian by all accounts (Cheapo) but if it does the job then Hey Ho.

Regards
seahorse1-1-1.png

As I skipped from page 7 and didnt see anyone say it before I skipped, I like the stand etc, its very very nice, how much was it, who did it, and whats it made of ?

Thanks for the brine shrimp tut as well, I was surprised to find it in a long post, personally I think it should of been stickied as a section on its own as I tend not to read through long long posts and would of missed it but for the fact it was at the end of the post I was going to reply to.

got any up to date pics of them? Did you decide not to go down the 150W halide route?
I think I'm gonna get a Arcadia Classica 150w unit with Led's. (Cheap)
The one I bought from a classified section secondhand turned out to be a deathtrap as its innards was all corroded and wires were practically touching each other.
Good job I was working on a new hanging kit for it at the time otherwise I wouldn't have noticed this. Could literally have burnt the house down. No more secondhand electrical kit for me Ben. Ripped off to the tune of 60 squid.
I'm having a bit of a move around (things growing to fast) so I'll post some pics soon, when I can get my lazy butt off this chair lol. Off work this week so gardening comes into play (greenhouse to powerhose and borders to plant. Just finished cleaning out the half barrel where my goldfish reside, planting tubs sorted (iris an water lily) cleaned the little pump.

I like the stand etc, its very very nice, how much was it, who did it, and whats it made of ?
Its top quality timber ie MDF :lol:
The stands the LFS gets made at a local joiner shop so I had it stained the same colour as my staircase (by the shop contacts)

Thanks for the brine shrimp tut as well, I was surprised to find it in a long post, personally I think it should of been stickied as a section on its own
It is pinned in the Killifish section which I moderate.
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showforum=104
Click TFF Killifish Resource Centre and scroll, I've organised and wrote many an article in there.
Regards
seahorse1-1-1.png

Big C, I have been running a 150W classica unit with LED and they are pretty good. They don't heat the water if mounted properly and use minimal electricity for a halide; they are rated at 150W but draw 180W which isn't too bad considering the price tag :lol:.
Shame that the unit was shall we say 'defective' certainly look into a new unit.

Regards

Not much room in the cupboard beneath the tank since the skimmer went in, certainly no space to hang the new Phosphate Reactor on the sump wall.
So I constructed a little glass thingymajig to aid in its positioning.

Picture318.jpg

Picture319.jpg

I'll post some more pics when I get it up and running at the weekend
Regards
seahorse1-1-1.png

boys and their toys
Keep it clean Colin melad :whistle:
OKay.....
I'll remember that Seff when you get yours for that bigger tank.
Its only a matter of time you know.
ATB
seahorse1-1-1.png

It's funny that isn't it............... a new toy to research, buy and set-up

I agree, Amen to that :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

Just finished installing the Phosphate Reactor and its merrily bubbling away on a slow simmer.
It has made the tank a bit cloudy and a few corals have shut up shop but are beginning to re-appear as it clears.

Picture321.jpg

A pic from downstairs not much room and I think I'm going to have to re address the electricals.

Picture322.jpg

Gonna try and incorporate a small Calcium Reactor hence the 500g CO2 bottle (surplus planted tank apparatus)
I will need to learn a little bit more surrounding Calcium Reactors before moving on.

Picture323.jpg

Not such a good pic of the tank I'm afraid due to cloudiness and some corals have temporarily closed up.

I will post some new pics when everything clears.
I'm not content with the tank at the moment, I still feel its lacking something.
Maybe add some elongated Xenia on the left and some GSP on that dreaded Tunze rock.
Regards
seahorse1-1-1.png

How are you doing the Prodibio???
I'm just using the little Nano Kit and to be honest I'm rather impressed it all seems so clean and crisp.
The corals, especially the Gorgs love the Reef Booster additive.
I'll carry on with this for the present as its only been 6 weeks, but noticeable signs are there.
ATB
seahorse1-1-1.png

Most reactions

Back