Dawn On The Reef

It lasts for 10 weeks for a mere £22 at the LFS.
I got that one for a tenner of a fellow reefer who bought the wrong kit.
I got it to try and as I say it seems to have cleaned the tank. Everything is bright and crisp since I started with it.
Regards
seahorse1-1-1.png

sumps way too neat. hope the one on the new tank will be more upto standard. We need wires and tubes everywhere.
What flow goes through that reacotr mate?

hey!

did the ceramic rocks from the biorb that you used on the wall, color up naturally? and how long did it take for it to color up?

im tempted to follow it ^^

Which pack is it for the Nano??
None of those, but it incorporates the same additives
Namely
BIO DIGEST
BIOPTIM
REEF BOOSTER
IODI +
STRONTI +
http://www.covaquatics.co.uk/content/view/102/51/
Scroll to Bio Kit Nano Reef
As I've already stated, I'm only using around half the dosage per volume of tank water.

sumps way too neat. hope the one on the new tank will be more upto standard. We need wires and tubes everywhere.
Not neat enough for my liking Ben, What is it with reefer's, Nice tank upstairs and a real piggin mess below decks, I've seen many a reefer's setup and its always the same disaster zone in the cabinet underneath.

What flow goes through that reactor mate?
Full on 420ltr/hr (Wave Stream Pump)
Just so as the media looks like its simmering

did the ceramic rocks from the biorb that you used on the wall, color up naturally? and how long did it take for it to color up?
Yeah they coloured up fairly quickly 3-4 months and they were covered with coraline which is more than I can say for that Tunze ceramic rock.

ATB
seahorse1-1-1.png

Which pack is it for the Nano??
None of those, but it incorporates the same additives
Namely
BIO DIGEST
BIOPTIM
REEF BOOSTER
IODI +
STRONTI +
[URL="http://www.covaquatics.co.uk/content/view/102/51/"]http://www.covaquatics.co.uk/content/view/102/51/[/URL]
Scroll to Bio Kit Nano Reef
As I've already stated, I'm only using around half the dosage per volume of tank water.

ATB
seahorse1-1-1.png

Thanks for that BigC, will take a look, I may not get any yet, I want to see what my normal growth is first, but would like to try them at some point. By then hopefully you will have a noticable difference with before and after pics. Its sounding positive anyway.

Well things are starting to clear and get back on track.

Picture333.jpg

I still feel a couple more corals are needed (must pay a visit to the LFS)
I've asked a friend (joiner) if he can construct me a new hood/canopy exactly the same as the old one, only this time make it much deeper. I want to incorporate an Arcadia Classica 150w inside the canopy with one or two sets of AZOO fans. I will have four holes (two at either ends) to act as vents. Cover these holes with mesh such as speaker grilles. Still in the planning stage but would like to give it a whirl.
Regards
seahorse1-1-1.png

Looks great mate.

If there was a way to have the new hood as more a pelmet so it was open topped i think that would help the air move around it more freely.

Thanks!
If there was a way to have the new hood as more a pelmet so it was open topped i think that would help the air move around it more freely.
That's the thing Ben. I would even forgo the hood altogether if it wasn't for that unsightly bracing bar,
Maybe my friend can make me a moulding that would blend in with the btm cabinet. A sort of top framing that would cover the bracing. Maybe that would be a better option (and cheaper too)
I'll have a think about that one....
Regards
seahorse1-1-1.png

I've taken a gamble and gone and purchased a Green Mythrax Crab (sml)
I am fully aware that these can be perfectly peaceful and some can go rogue.
For the present he/she is perfectly happy with clambering all over the rockwall feeding as it goes.
At the moment it adds somewhat to the natural aesthetics of the Nano.
Pics to follow
Regards
seahorse1-1-1.png

I've taken a gamble and gone and purchased a Green Mythrax Crab (sml)
I am fully aware that these can be perfectly peaceful and some can go rogue.
For the present he/she is perfectly happy with clambering all over the rockwall feeding as it goes.
At the moment it adds somewhat to the natural aesthetics of the Nano.
Pics to follow
Regards
seahorse1-1-1.png

nice, cant wait to see it :)

so whats your fish stock plans and are you going to have just sps or you going to have sps&lps

Just had a bit of a surprise piece of information.
Last night a fellow reef enthusiast visited for a bit of a social evening. Upon inspecting my aquarium he spotted lots of little yellow polyps all over the rockwall. He couldn't believe his eyes. WOW he said. "Look at all those baby Sun Corals", "What "I replied, I knew they were there and I thought they were an infestation of Majano anemones and was about to eradicate them this comming weekend. I guess they'll be staying put now and I can target feed then and see if the will form a calcareous skeleton and grow. I was really surprised and at the same time rather pleased. This very fact relays to me that all must be fine within my tank, at least for spawning Sun Corals. :lol:
The little crab is busy milling around the tank doing its thing (must get a pic up) for such a small size he/she can sure move things much larger than itself. It tried and failed to move a large rock with coral attached. It did move a little but not enough not topple, I'll have to keep an eye on that one.
ATB
seahorse1-1-1.png

Most reactions

Back