Dawn On The Reef

WOW baby sun corals, congratulations Dad
Gee Thanks
Shocked and Stunned
Learning all the time...
Regards
seahorse1-1-1.png

Congratulations on the little babies.

Both you and Trod seem to have a rock moving Emerald, in comparison, mine is either much smaller, my rocks are much bigger or he is very very lazy.

OK OK as requested here are some shot os the new arrivals some planned some just appeared.
Because of the location of the Baby Suns it has been hard to get good quality pics, I have posted the best of what I could muster.

Picture376.jpg

Baby Sun Coral (look closely)

Picture377.jpg

Yet another (look even more closely)

Picture375.jpg

The Claw

Picture374.jpg

He's quite shy and retiring and you don't always see him but here's a little shot of my new Green Mythrax Crab

ATB
seahorse1-1-1.png

The baby suns are really cute. :good:

I love the Mithrax, mine scared me to death the other day, I moved a rock and he dropped off, I nearly threw the rock, luckily I didn't else I could have killed him.

Don't know whether you have seen it, there is an article in Advanced Aquarist (this month I think) that tests the bacteria claims in one Probiotic product, made really interesting reading.

i just bought a black sun coral and i am feeding it planton and has been in the tank for a week now how do you gets yours to come out and what else do you feed it

regards scott

Black Sun Corals are notoriously harder to keep than normal yellow/orange types.
To get it to open you can either disrupt the flow around it or entice it to open with Live Phytoplankton and Cyclopeeze.
I also hatch Brineshrimp on a daily basis and it gets a feed of Frozen Mysis every week. I find that they dont need to be plyed with food every day whereby sending your Phosphate and Nitrate levels up,
Regards
seahorse1-1-1.png

Incidentally I've just got hold of a small Acan frag from a fellow reefer. I will post some pics later.

I have just obtained a new three headed coral frag from a friend
It's an Australian Acanthastrea lordhowensis (Acan lord)

Picture400.jpg

Picture401.jpg

ATB
seahorse1-1-1.png

looks strange, i cant seem to make it out properly!

is it rare?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back