darken the background

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
Seriously, I can't read or follow most of the threads here now since the new forum. Darken the background and get rid of the white.

the background of text is a light gray. I find it perfect for viewing the forums. Did you try turning down your brightness on your computer or mobile device?

@admins since this seems to be an issue to more than one user please could you just install or activate a theme switcher module to let users choose their own colours.

If it is a problem for some people we can't make it go away by telling them itd not a problem for us.

I have no problem reading it, on mine, the text is black. The background for the actual forum is white.

Does your device have dark mode available? This might help, check settings.

I thought it was improved but yes it would be good for people to have options, personally I'd like things to be dark with white text to help with battery life on the phone..

the whole page is white with a pale grey border around the text window.

and my screen is on the lowest brightness I can put it on. it's like looking at the sun.

even if you make the other parts a different colour, where the adverts go, make it pale blue or green. there's just too much white and it hurts my eyes.

I don’t know what you’re talking about, this is what I see:
35152206-7367-46B5-8539-FF6A7F6F7C1D.png

Not to bright at all.

That's what I see as well.

White seems to be the current favourite on websites. Two non-fish sites I use regularly changed their look last year. One now has white with black text everywhere, and another has white information boxes with black text, with the background round the text boxes beige (the reverse of this forum)

That is what I see too but its just bright white with a pale grey around the text window.

I see grey boxes with a very thin darker border, and white surrounding the boxes.
As I've mentioned before, I use a Windows 10 laptop and I have Settings -> System -> Display -> Brightness and Colour set to 85%. What is your Brightness and Colour set to? I just increased mine to 100% and although I still see grey text boxes the whole page is painfully bright. Off to turn it back down to 85%.......

the text area is light gray....if we made the text area a darker gray, that would make the text harder to read. On iphones now, some sites can be set up to have text in white and background in black. That might be more desirable for some people but not sure if that can be done on our site. Dascrow is the one to ask as he administers our site and is engaged in the software tweaking.

Settings - Display - brightness and colour is 0. If it is any higher than 0 it is painful to look at and when set on 100, it's like looking into the sun.

Night light is off. I tried turning it on but the colour on the screen went a weird pink. I moved the colour bar but I couldn't deal with it.

I use dark mode for my iPad, it looks like this....
23ED394D-5CDF-4DF4-90CD-85997EA5E9B3.png

Regular...
5DC96A67-1FF6-44A4-99C8-A1F70B020B0D.png

I prefer dark mode, but it doesn’t actually change the website. It just changes little things like the search bar.

If I set my Brightness and Colour to zero, the page is so dark I can hardly see anything ????

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back