FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CassCats

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
2x Tank of the Month🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Id like to share my setup for my corydoras eques from setup until currently.

Initially thought I'd want tannins but the plants didn't like it so I eventually scrapped that idea
20210119_015349.jpg
20210126_211625.jpg
20210212_180449.jpg

and this is most recent
20210218_230302.jpg
20210218_230330.jpg
20210218_230342.jpg
20210218_230904.jpg
20210221_182758.jpg

Attachments

• 20210221_182758.jpg
    20210221_182758.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 60
Oh wow stunning cories in a beautiful set up! :wub:

Would love to see how this evolves and develops. What's the tall, trailing plant in the centre? Sorta looks like a clematis climbing up a trellis? I need one of those plants!

Would love to see how this evolves and develops. What's the tall, trailing plant in the centre? Sorta looks like a clematis climbing up a trellis? I need one of those plants!
ooh i would like to know too! any more details about the tank?

Hydrocotyle leucocephala, or aka Brazilian pennywort!
All the plants are south american based.

Sag grass, Brazilian pennywort, vallisneria Americana, staurogyne repens, echinodorus quadricostatus, and echinodorus ozelot. Plus a corale up top of water lettuce.
Arguing with the quadricostatus as it was a tissue culture and its still struggling to take hold.

ooh i would like to know too! any more details about the tank?
What details do you want to know?

Tank size: 20 gallon long
Temperature 75F
pH 7 (maintained via Seachem Neutral Regulator)
GH 8
KH 5

Lighting: JC&P full spectrum LED for 6hrs daily

Thrive S liquid fertilizer 3x weekly

1 API root tab for the sword every couple months.

Filters are 2 internals, one has a spray bar.

Stock is 8 corydoras eques and 1 farlowella mariaelenae

Ah that's brilliant, thank you! I wanted some of that before, remember seeing it in someone else's tank and wanting some. @mbsqw1d you have some of this stuff, don't you?

Ah that's brilliant, thank you! I wanted some of that before, remember seeing it in someone else's tank and wanting some. @mbsqw1d you have some of this stuff, don't you?
Yeh, I picked plants from a south american biotope selection and yeh the Brazilian Pennywort was one of them. Its a bit like that Hydrocotyle tripartita 'japan' (that you can push into the substrate and train it to grow along the bottom) but with bigger leaves.

IMG_20210223_233922.jpg

Yeh, I picked plants from a south american biotope selection and yeh the Brazilian Pennywort was one of them. Its a bit like that Hydrocotyle tripartita 'japan' (that you can push into the substrate and train it to grow along the bottom) but with bigger leaves.

View attachment 129697
I need some! Have added it to my wish list, cheers! It looks fab in your tank too, looks good both growing tall and bushy/carpeting like that. I bet the otos and pygmies would like sitting on those leaves.

Sag grass, Brazilian pennywort, vallisneria Americana, staurogyne repens, echinodorus quadricostatus, and echinodorus ozelot. Plus a corale up top of water lettuce.
Arguing with the quadricostatus as it was a tissue culture and its still struggling to take hold.

What details do you want to know?

Tank size: 20 gallon long
Temperature 75F
pH 7 (maintained via Seachem Neutral Regulator)
GH 8
KH 5

Lighting: JC&P full spectrum LED for 6hrs daily

Thrive S liquid fertilizer 3x weekly

1 API root tab for the sword every couple months.

Filters are 2 internals, one has a spray bar.

Stock is 8 corydoras eques and 1 farlowella mariaelenae
nice thanks. i wanted to know the plants and how you fertilised them. i have root tabs too! seems to really help the sword

Id like to share my setup for my corydoras eques from setup until currently.

Initially thought I'd want tannins but the plants didn't like it so I eventually scrapped that idea

and this is most recent
View attachment 129671View attachment 129676
Gorgeous tank and equally beautiful corys! The tank pictures look like oil paintings, your setup is wonderful.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back