Corydoras Eques Build

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Discord, where someone said they're hard to breed
Ah... wish I wasn't such an old luddite so I could get the hang of discord!

Are these ones hard to breed compared to other cories? Is that why they're so pricy?

Are these ones hard to breed compared to other cories? Is that why they're so pricy?
Not sure, but that one person on Discord was adamant that C. eques was hard to breed. No experience on that fish nor have I researched a ton on that fish.

You can join the Discord server if you want.

Not sure, but that one person on Discord was adamant that C. eques was hard to breed. No experience on that fish nor have I researched a ton on that fish.

You can join the Discord server if you want.
Thank you, but I struggle with Discord, never quite got the hang of it! And keeping up with everything on here is enough already :D

Eh, I've no idea whether they're any harder to breed than any of the other species @CassCats has, but I'm confident that if anyone can do it, she can!

Maybe time for some cooler water changes, try and get the gals in the mood? *wink wink nudge nudge*!

Would be amazing if you could breed them, might help offset some of the costs of this hobby a bit! And then I'll move to Canada so I can scab some off you for mates rates ;)
I do daily 1g cold water top ups, weekly colder water changes normal, flow is ramped up, and they're fed frozen goodies 3x weekly. Kept lower end of temp range, plan do mimic the wet/dry seasons in sync with what times of the year those occur in near Manaus where they are collected from.

i saw a thing that they were very easy to breed...
Ive read both, just the fry are more delicate.

Mine were wild caught but also they're kinda rare in the hobby as it is.

If they breed, awesome, that would be a nice little bit of pocket money, but even if they don't breed I am okay with that too. I really like these cories and they are really good as a species only setup. Well, mostly, there's a twig cat in there too but that's it.
Any upper level fish added would just be whatever baby fish I have at the time as a grow out. Which will be some emperor tetras soon.

Haha, with all of that, have a feeling they'll spawn soon enough! ;)

Since you've said that bit about the males pestering the females to spawn, have noticed my bronzes doing the same. I'm torn between wanting them to spawn, and thinking "oh heck, not again!" I'm full up with cories, can't keep any more, but I get attached! Maybe I'd better start doing the opposite of creating the ideal conditions...

Thank you, but I struggle with Discord, never quite got the hang of it! And keeping up with everything on here is enough already :D

Eh, I've no idea whether they're any harder to breed than any of the other species @CassCats has, but I'm confident that if anyone can do it, she can!
Fair enough. Discord can be a bit confusing to navigate at first

Haha, with all of that, have a feeling they'll spawn soon enough! ;)

Since you've said that bit about the males pestering the females to spawn, have noticed my bronzes doing the same. I'm torn between wanting them to spawn, and thinking "oh heck, not again!" I'm full up with cories, can't keep any more, but I get attached! Maybe I'd better start doing the opposite of creating the ideal conditions...
It's a compliment theyre happy enough to spawn

@CassCats I forgot to tell you that I have at least 52 Cory fry right now. They are in a 5G nursery tank. Three weeks old this Thursday. I bought a 20G long as a grow out tank. Do you think they are old enough to move over yet or should I wait? I also have a tank with 8 panda Cory in it. Hope they breed as they mature. Only Pandas in there. :)

The 9th fish in the tank finally showed his/her self during lights on lol

This is the only other fish besides the cories, a farlowella mariaelenae
20210301_214527.jpg
20210301_214421.jpg

@CassCats I forgot to tell you that I have at least 52 Cory fry right now. They are in a 5G nursery tank. Three weeks old this Thursday. I bought a 20G long as a grow out tank. Do you think they are old enough to move over yet or should I wait? I also have a tank with 8 panda Cory in it. Hope they breed as they mature. Only Pandas in there. :)
If your fry are at least 1/2" you can probably move them very carefully, use the same water theyre in and slowly acclimate them

@CassCats Some are still tiny while others are 2/2”. Perhaps I’ll wait another week or just move larger ones???
Wouldn't hurt to move the larger fry over then move the smaller later. Sometimes if theyre growing at different rates, it's good to separate them by size

Yeh, I picked plants from a south american biotope selection and yeh the Brazilian Pennywort was one of them. Its a bit like that Hydrocotyle tripartita 'japan' (that you can push into the substrate and train it to grow along the bottom) but with bigger leaves.

View attachment 129697
Does it suit 19dh water? *

*I bet I already know the answer?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back