FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

jucieso

Reaction score
First, hi there, Iā€™m very new to the forum so sorry if I donā€™t know how this works. Second, Iā€™ve owned 2 albino Cory catfish in the past, but after they died I got 2 new ones about a month or so ago. Up until yesterday, theyā€™ve been fine. Iā€™ve made no new changes to the water recently and itā€™s been at stable levels. Yesterday, one of my Corys starts jumping to the surface. Perfectly normal right? But then it started dancing? Like a dolphin! With the top part of its head sticking out, it ā€œdancedā€ circles on the surface and swam back down. It will do this every 10 - 30 minutes give or take. All the other fish are fine, but this Cory in particular is the only one showing signs of odd behavior. Any idea what that is? Is it normal? Every time I try to take a video it stops. 0:39-0:46 is the best example I could find . Picture that video but at 7x the speed.

First, hi there, Iā€™m very new to the forum so sorry if I donā€™t know how this works. Second, Iā€™ve owned 2 albino Cory catfish in the past, but after they died I got 2 new ones about a month or so ago. Up until yesterday, theyā€™ve been fine. Iā€™ve made no new changes to the water recently and itā€™s been at stable levels. Yesterday, one of my Corys starts jumping to the surface. Perfectly normal right? But then it started dancing? Like a dolphin! With the top part of its head sticking out, it ā€œdancedā€ circles on the surface and swam back down. It will do this every 10 - 30 minutes give or take. All the other fish are fine, but this Cory in particular is the only one showing signs of odd behavior. Any idea what that is? Is it normal? Every time I try to take a video it stops. 0:39-0:46 is the best example I could find . Picture that video but at 7x the speed.
Hi do you know your tank water readings? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate
What size tank do you have?
Cories should be kept in a group, very minimum of 5, but that isn't the issue here

Last edited:
Hi do you know your tank water readings? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate
What size tank do you have?
Cories should be kept in a group, very minimum of 5, but that isn't the issue here
Yes the ammonia is 0, Nitrite 0 and Nitrate is 30 ppm. I know that corys should be in bigger groupings but the tank I have is a 10 gallon and has 3 platys in there with them and I didnā€™t want to crowd the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back