Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I don't think Amazon needs a phone number to set it up for purchasing. Nor does Ebay.
“Providing a mobile phone number during account creation is completely optional, and is not required to create your account. When you provide your mobile phone number, you can use it to sign up for different types of mobile communications from Amazon, such as receiving delivery status updates through text message.”

So no, it’s not necessary.

I don't think Amazon needs a phone number to set it up for purchasing. Nor does Ebay.
I just checked and not only does Amazon not have a phone number for me, apparently I set it up with a fake name too. He he.
For everyone getting the vaccine, you will not be protected from the virus for at least 2 weeks after you have had your shot. The body's immune system requires several weeks to respond and build up an immunity to the dead virus they inject you with.
Technically, the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are not attenuated viruses (i.e. dead viruses). They are mRNA vaccines which only have the bit that encodes for your cells to make the "corona" surface protein from the virus, which is what your immune system uses to recognize an infected cell. Both of those are double jabs, weeks apart. After the second jab, immunity is built up within a matter of days.

All that said, until enough people are immunized, the mask and distancing regs are important! And then there is the x factor of the variants emerging...

Ebay requires a number to set up an account.

I'm not buying anything from amazon coz they are rip off merchants. I was looking at books and How to train you dragon toys from there. The items sold in shops here for $5-20 each. The same items on Amazon were $2000-3000+ each. Then they want $300-500 for shipping. They can stick that right up their wazoo.

How much does amazon want for a cheap cordless phone in AU? report back with your results. You can also use magicjack with a either corded phone or a cordless one.

Last edited:
Here in the states, a corded phone on amazon is $13---a single cordless phone is $15 plus shipping.

There are Target stores in AU that may carry phones and you can buy online.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Got my text on Wednesday allowing me to apply for my first jab. I’ve been trying to get through about ten times a day since. No appointments available though.
Anyone in the U.K. got any idea when new appts become available? IE 8AM? 9AM? 5PM or every Monday morning? Wednesday morning? Etc?

I didn't use that service to make an appointment. My GP's surgery phoned last Monday lunchtime, asked if my husband and I wanted the vaccine, we said yes so she said can you come in tomorrow at 3:04 pm. The letter saying to go on-line to make an appointment arrived the same day I had the jab. Though the letter was dated a week before it arrived so if they'd had my phone number I'd have received a text sooner than a snail mail letter.
I should get my second dose within the next 11 weeks.

My husband had his letter at the end of January but didn't want to go to a vaccination centre, he said he'd wait until the GP or pharmacy could do it. He only waited two and a half weeks. There were reports in the local press when the letter arrived saying that Teesside residents had to travel further than 45 minutes to reach a mass vaccination centre which he wasn't willing to do.

I had the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine. That one can be stored between 2 and 8 deg C unlike the Pfizer vaccine which has to be stored at something like -70 deg C. I think that's why the GP used the AstraZeneca one - they have fridges but not super cold freezers.

$40 and up for a telephone with a cord.
$40 and up for a cordless phone.

Target Australia only has mobile phones and they start at $150, then you have to buy a plan or whatever.

The ebay link will set me back about $80 Australian to get it here.

Tbh i feel bad for you all suffering out there due to covid-19. I pray for this to end soon and i really wish i could do something across borders in my safe country
quick question: u guys dont use phones? or whatsapp? thats the norm here

I use my mobile for making calls when I'm out of the house, and the landline inside the house. I don't have a smart phone as I have problems with touch screens - I just cannot hit the right bit of the screen and logging into anything takes several attempts to get the password and email address/user name right.
I use a Windows laptop for everything. I can at least hit the right keys most of the time.

I don't use anything like whatsapp as I don't see the point. If anyone wants to tell me something, they can ring me. Doesn't whatsapp need a smart phone to use it?

I use my mobile for making calls when I'm out of the house, and the landline inside the house. I don't have a smart phone as I have problems with touch screens - I just cannot hit the right bit of the screen and logging into anything takes several attempts to get the password and email address/user name right.
I use a Windows laptop for everything. I can at least hit the right keys most of the time.

I don't use anything like whatsapp as I don't see the point. If anyone wants to tell me something, they can ring me. Doesn't whatsapp need a smart phone to use it?
generally yes. Whatsapp needs a smart phone to use (just get one thats cheap abt 100 dollars) should be fine?

I am quite happy with the basic phone I have now. All I want a phone for is to make and receive calls and texts. I don't use any form of social media and have no wish to do so. Even if I had a smart phone I'd just use it to make calls with, I wouldn't use whatsapp.

Don't have a phone. Don't normally need one because I don't have anyone to call. In addition to that, I used to spend most of my time miles from anywhere and normal mobile phones didn't work because there was no signal. So the only way I could make a phone call was with a satellite phone and they were hideously overpriced ($5000 for the phone, $500 per year for a number, and $10 a minute for a call). They are a lot cheaper now but I don't go out in the bush anymore so don't need one.

The only reason I need one now is so I can create an online account with the supermarket and do online shopping. And I am only doing that because of covid19 stopping me being able to go outside due to health issues.

I CANT BUY ANYTHING ONLINE BECAUSE EVERYWHERE NEEDS A PHONE NUMBER TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT, AND WITHOUT A PHONE YOU CANT CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
Can you use someone else's phone number to create an account online?

Most reactions

trending

Back