coldwater fish FINALLY

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

hi, i made another thread on it, mostly about the setup, i cant have goldfish anymore its only 21 g

There are actually a few species of frogbit, some tropical, some cold water.

Limnobium laevigatum is from south America; this is the one for tropical tanks. Also called Amazon frogbit.
Limnonium spongia is a cold water plant, American frogbit
Hydrocharis morsus-ranae is another cold water plant, European frogbit

Limnobium laevigatum is from south America; this is the one for tropical tanks. Also called Amazon frogbit.
Ooh, I had no idea! I really need to brush up on plants. Head's full of scientific names for moths and butterflies, not enough space for plants and fish!

Ooh, I had no idea! I really need to brush up on plants. Head's full of scientific names for moths and butterflies, not enough space for plants and fish!
moths are cool, i managed to get a nice photo of one on our window mesh thing

it could be any of them, i will take a photo of it next time i go take a walk there

Byron has mentioned a few times that the tropical one and one of the cold water frogbits have very similar leaves. The only way they can be told apart is by the flower.

Byron has mentioned a few times that the tropical one and one of the cold water frogbits have very similar leaves. The only way they can be told apart is by the flower.
never seen it bloom, its summer so i will try to find flowers

Dude, mosquito fish are like rats. You can find them anywhere, and they bust babies out like hot cakes. Flagfish would be algae control if you need one.

Mosquito fish are something to think about, if you can find them.
theyre everywhere, in the river, lake, pond...
Dude, mosquito fish are like rats. You can find them anywhere, and they bust babies out like hot cakes. Flagfish would be algae control if you need one.
never knew a fish like that could get algae!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back