coldwater fish FINALLY

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
There's an exception to every rule!

Please see my earlier reply.

I'm assuming that mj and PK were thinking this, too.
yea its a planter thing, 2 of them that im getting is for plants...
u just said it was cruel and unusual, still not a reason....
its a half barrel, not like a full wine barrel.....

The only reason members said it was cruel is because they thought it was a tall thin barrel. Now they know it's not, that's different.

When I read the word 'barrel' I too thought you meant a tall thin barrel.

yea its a planter thing, 2 of them that im getting is for plants...
u just said it was cruel and unusual, still not a reason....
its a half barrel, not like a full wine barrel.....
Are you reading what I said? I'm not here to entertain you when I've already told you what my mistake was.

Keeping fish in a full barrel would be, as I said, cruel and unusual. Then it became apparent that you didn't actually mean "barrel" and you meant planter instead, which I wouldn't see as being cruel if the size is a comfortable fit for the fish you want.

Are you getting fish or just plants?? Make your plans clear and there won't be so much confusion.

to be fair, i dont know why it is cruel to make a mini pond out of a big barrel, im going to have filter, air pump, and everything needed for a mini pond...
Now that you have posted a pic, and others here see what you are talking about as far as "barrel" goes, perhaps our preconceptions will change...

The only reason members said it was cruel is because they thought it was a tall thin barrel. Now they know it's not, that's different.

When I read the word 'barrel' I too thought you meant a tall thin barrel.
oh yea. it is not. it is a half barrel planter. wanting to keep some lilies and some goldfish
Are you reading what I said? I'm not here to entertain you when I've already told you what my mistake was.

Keeping fish in a full barrel would be, as I said, cruel and unusual. Then it became apparent that you didn't actually mean "barrel" and you meant planter instead, which I wouldn't see as being cruel if the size is a comfortable fit for the fish you want.

Are you getting fish or just plants?? Make your plans clear and there won't be so much confusion.
both

im not good at explaining things, sorry. ill just leave and try to revive this thread when the "planters" come

im not good at explaining things, sorry. ill just leave and try to revive this thread when the "planters" come
You don’t have to leave! It was just a misunderstanding. I would love to hear the rest of your plans!

You don’t have to leave! It was just a misunderstanding. I would love to hear the rest of your plans!
k, basically

carpet plant on bottom, lilies on top, maybe some sword plants if the seeds decide to come out (it hasent bloomed yet tho)
maybe some small schoolers for one of them , the other is 2 little goldies, less plants and a bit more starting duckweed.

filter (not decided yet)
air pump (if i am doing super understocked for schoolers) i like the look of super understocked.

k, basically

carpet plant on bottom, lilies on top, maybe some sword plants if the seeds decide to come out (it hasent bloomed yet tho)
maybe some small schoolers for one of them , the other is 2 little goldies, less plants and a bit more starting duckweed.

filter (not decided yet)
air pump (if i am doing super understocked for schoolers) i like the look of super understocked.
Ooooooooo that is going to be so cool! Are they going to be sorta like decorative?

Ooooooooo that is going to be so cool! Are they going to be sorta like decorative?
kind of, im a little tired of hard water tanks, so i wanna do some cold soft water tanks
or i might just get some native mosquitofish, they look cool too lol

Ok, so this is what happened. People thought It was tall barrels. He meant half barrels. Ok? So let’s get back to the thread!

this is how I made mine. I got a 42 gallon barrel planter. I got small, thick, pond liner. Black rubber. I fastened it using washers and screws. I then filled with pre-cycled water from my 55g. I added Pea Pebbles. Then, I got Anacharis, Hornwort, and Variegated Water Snowflake. Very simple. I don’t have a filter. I have 5 Rosy Barbs and a few snails. There is no filtration, nothing. Rosy Barbs are very hardy.

Attachments

• 466634CC-5E83-4CF3-93B6-6B287311F73A.jpeg
    466634CC-5E83-4CF3-93B6-6B287311F73A.jpeg
    305 KB · Views: 58
  • 4EF96E42-A43B-4C1C-8CD5-E478DFC409CF.jpeg
    4EF96E42-A43B-4C1C-8CD5-E478DFC409CF.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 58
  • BBC73D50-C29F-4223-BE15-771F4651708F.jpeg
    BBC73D50-C29F-4223-BE15-771F4651708F.jpeg
    515.3 KB · Views: 57
Ok, so this is what happened. People thought It was tall barrels. He meant half barrels. Ok? So let’s get back to the thread!

this is how I made mine. I got a 42 gallon barrel planter. I got small, thick, pond liner. Black rubber. I fastened it using washers and screws. I then filled with pre-cycled water from my 55g. I added Pea Pebbles. Then, I got Anacharis, Hornwort, and Variegated Water Snowflake. Very simple. I don’t have a filter. I have 5 Rosy Barbs and a few snails. There is no filtration, nothing. Rosy Barbs are very hardy.
COOL!!! that is what im going for, but maybe goldfish...
ill throw in some plants from main tank, too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back