Chris Hughton Did He Deserve The Sack?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Did Chris Hughton deserve the sack by Mike Ashleys heavy hand?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

JoshuaA

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well, Mike Ashley has once again proved that he doesn't seem to be supporting the same club we fans are.

In my eyes the biggest outrage in the history of the club in my life span, I'm 20 and have seen some dodgey moments but none that stand out as much as this. I saw out relegation coming from a mile away and still when I went to home matches I felt the passion every fan had in their heart.

Chris Hughton achieved a lot to stomp through the championship without losing a home game at all, we're not even half way through the season and only a few hours ago we were still top half of the table. Not to mention the fact Colin Calderwood had left some time ago leaving Chris Hughton without an assistant manager for some time now and the reward he gets.... the sack?

What the hell was he thinking! Roy Hodgesons interview expressed clearly the concerns other managers have over this issue. Does the Newcastle board expect us to be title winners or something this year? What the hell! I honestly can't believe what has just happened.

Any thoughts anyone else?

EDIT:

Not even our own players saw it coming... What the hell? Our fans have been chanting Chris' name with pride through victory or loss and this is what it came to?

Pathetic

ashley is a #14###.. but manager do get paid to do a job like everyone else and most know they are the scapegoat if #105### hits the fan.
Who else could you sack? ashley tried to sell up before with little intrest due to the clubs financial bomb site, he did win the support of the fans to give him credit but results is how the game is played these days.

Still a shame though :crazy:

but results is how the game is played these days.

Though the results show Newcastle who are merely aiming to stay up this season were actually mid table and haven't dropped into the bottom half since then (until liverpool won this evening).

There is absolutely no reason he should of got the sack, along with the goal keeper coach of course.

I think just before new year is the worst time to kick the morale of the club though, if you get off to a great start on boxing day and thereafter the morale can steam roll you through the rest of the season if 2011 starts off awfully I can see us joining West Ham once again.

this is 1 of the reasons newcastle went down in the first place too many managers its ashleys fault doesnt give them enough time to get the team to gel although i thought newcastle were going fairly well this season i would say its all down hill again now the xmas break is coming up ..... OH DEAR !!!

im a fan, and my first reaction was that of shock and disbelief. the guy done a mega job last year, got rid of the chuff in the squad, got our best players playing well, and blitzed through the championship. this season not getting relegated should be our only concern, and it seems to be going ok. however, if you look closer at the latest results, they're pretty bad. 2 points from the last 15, and only 2 home wins all season i think. its great that we thrashed villa and sunderland, but if we won those 1-0, a lot of gloss is taken from our season leaving only 1-0 at arsenal and 1-1 against chelsea as decent results. and in balance, im not sure thats good enough.

they wouldnt have been banking on those 4 points at arsenal and chelsea, but would have expected more from the other recent games. its not just the results either, recent performances have been pretty dire, west brom was horriffic to watch.

clearly they have somebody lined up for the job, its why they didnt replace calderwood. quite why anybody would take the job on though is beyond me. its a club that is still run by a clown. my biggest fear now is that the players are going to be severely pissed off, and the new manager may not get the best from them. barton, nolan, carrol, enrique have all been in top form this season and last. i can also see Carrol possibly leaving if he realises what a joke the boardroom is. i honestly believe that as long as we stay in the premier league, the shirt he's earned himself will be enough to keep him at the club for life. i really think it means that much to him, being a local lad. however noe hes got the taste for international football, getting relgated and staying at a club run by twats is bad news for him.

You've raised a few good points Moochy, I was actually watching Jonas and Simpsons Twitter responses when they found out and they were shocked. It seems odd to me though that for 6 weeks they would allow Hughton to go without an assistant coach with the intention of firing him. Why oh why would you do that, if they really think he isn't good enough for the job, they should of at least got beardsley to help him out. Otherwise they can be seen as sacrifice 6 weeks worth of games.

The club is going to go down the pan, I imagine the likes of Arfa won't be interested in staying after his loan (assuming his leg works) after seeing what has just happened. Barton is going to be severely pissed and Carroll well I can see Chelsea nabbing him pretty easily, Hughton MADE carroll without him Carroll got rarely scene and with the relegation it allowed other players to come out. Furthermore it was Hughton who convinced Jonas, Enrique and Collollollollolcini to stay after relegation.

With the regards to points, we were still mid table so whether win or loss we still got there. Of course our wins have mostly be mediocre and perhaps a strike of luck but its what matters. Doing this before christmas when the new year is coming up is atrocious.

Barton has been suspended for 3 games and now injured, he really was one of the main motivators of the team and gel'd so well with Carroll but eek, I can see this turning out dreadful the players will be so demoralised. Who will be next?

Edit:

Nile Ranger is the man to watch in my eyes, I think he is seriously going to be a super star perhaps more impressive that Carroll. I think he's fantastic, though on the WBA it showed how awful the team was. Ranger had the ball outside their box for about 15 seconds and no one bothered moving to help him. That game was diabolical I was wincing at just 2 nil never mind 3.

I was surprised as I actually thought he was doing a better job with your team than I expected and shocked as I like Chris Hughton when hes interviewed he seems a decent man

Ashley has proved hes knows nowt about football and you would have been better keeping Huyton

You weren;t even in trouble and it wasn;t on the cards so a very strange decision and an insult to Hughton when he says they need a more experienced manager

I hope they get Kinnear again its about all Ashley deserves

Alan Pardrew, seriously?

Ashley wanted experience, though I thought all he found was a man a lot of bad experience. With a 5 year contract as well...

that did make me chuckle I have to admit hes been a poor manager for so long can;t understand what Ashley is doing

Yupp, Alan Pardew is a pretty poor manager.

James.

unfortunately its just a cas eof the pidiot in charge giving one of his mates a job. pardew has no history that would suggest he can even match hughton, let alone take the team a sep further. completely ridiculous decision to get him in. to be fair to him, i watched the press conference he did and he put himself across well and talked the talk. but i cant see how hes any better than hughton was.

What a performance, something I wasn't expecting. His first management with a awkward situation and we beat Liverpool 3 - 1.

I was complaining for 63 minutes why Ranger didn't start instead of Ameobi and then he comes on... Game turns instantly.

Andy Carroll has been an absolute legend for my Fantasy Football team this year! I even made him captain!

James.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back