The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cheesy feet

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I'll have to get my proper camera out and take some pictures of the fish and slightly changed layout (the rock is now vertical, with the moss attached with some plant netting), but here's some pics from my phone:

057_zps40f0587b.jpg
[/URL]

Sooo. I got bored and decided to set up another little planted aquarium using some of my old equipment (I think I set it up on either the 22nd or 29th of May, but I'll have to figure that out haha). The plan is to eventually buy a nice new aquarium (maybe around 60 litres), or use another old spare aquarium, and ditch the 30 litre; but I'm planning on waiting for the plants to take over the tank before doing that. I may use one of my 30 litres as a sump when the aquarium is upgraded, and I may switch to a pressurized CO2 system if needed/money allows. I'm thinking about perhaps having some Ram's (the electric blue variety tempted me) as the centre piece fish, although I'm not really sure. I fancied a mix of red and green plants. Pogostemon Helferi was my main choice, as it's an old favourite of mine. I plan to always have a nice carpet of Pogostemon so there's a nice open area for the fish to swim and be seen easily. The aquarium is only going to be set up for a maximum of just over a year, as I plan to go to Uni in Sept 2014.

Tank:
A tatty 30 litre clearseal (with the plastic strip and top glass removed) 

Fertilization: 
Standard EI method using Macro and Micro solutions created from dry powders, dosing roughly just under 10ml 3 x a week each of each.

CO2:
Liquid EasyCarbo

Filtration:
Some little internal filter I found lying around, that I forget the name of. Cut some old sponges to fit the internal compartment = instant cycle.

Lighting:
1 x 24W Interpet T5

Substrate:
Argos play sand (varying depth of 1-3cm)

Plants:
Pogostemon Helferi
Fissidens fontanus
Alternanthera reineckii 'Purple' (lilacina)

...May remove/add some fish as the tank progresses.

Stocking:
1 x Hypostomus cirrhosus
2 x Otocinclus (someone can ID which species, when I get some decent pictures!)
10 x Rasbora Heteromorpha (started off with 5)

...May remove/add some as the tank progresses.

Decor:
A big rock and a piece of wood for the BN (the little pirate ship is no more)

Maintenance:
Water changes as and when I see fit, around once a week.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back