Can you use them for anything ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ingrid

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Recently I have noticed out of town retail parks selling a few liters goldfish bowls without filters or anything else for a few pounds . So my question is are they suitable for keeping anything in and if so what ?

plastic goldfish :(

In my opinion, any aquarium that has less than 40 litres of water is pointless. I use buckets that hold 20 litres so I wouldn't even contemplate using anything smaller.

plastic goldfish :(

In my opinion, any aquarium that has less than 40 litres of water is pointless. I use buckets that hold 20 litres so I wouldn't even contemplate using anything smaller.
Could you use them for shrimp and plants

Shrimp are dirty creatures. I love them but they are dirty. IMO they need a filter.

Ingrid, are you looking for something inexpensive to use? I have used plastic clear storage containers before. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Ingrid, are you looking for something inexpensive to use? I have used plastic clear storage containers before. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!
Thanks

Shrimp do NOT have to have filters in a heavily planted environment. For examples of such, look at a forum like The Planted Tank for a guide to set-up. Many examples here that demonstrate filters unnecessary when properly thought out/set-up. There are members that have vases, bowls, etc... of various sizes...

The only think I would use I to for, is maybe a plant only tank, like a nursery or something. I would not recommend keeping shrimp in a tank that small, because, as @Deanasue said, are dirty. A filter is not needed but I strongly recommend it. :)

The only think I would use I to for, is maybe a plant only tank, like a nursery or something. I would not recommend keeping shrimp in a tank that small, because, as @Deanasue said, are dirty. A filter is not needed but I strongly recommend it. :)
LOL! I have never heard "shrimp are dirty". Thats a new one.
What do you mean "they are dirty"? Im really puzzled by this.

They are dirty, in my opinion. I don’t really know why, I’ve just always known/thought that. :dunno:

Recently I have noticed out of town retail parks selling a few liters goldfish bowls without filters or anything else for a few pounds . So my question is are they suitable for keeping anything in and if so what ?
I use one for making yoghurt :whistle:

Come to my house tomorrow when I clean their tank and I’ll show you dirty. The leftover gunk that vacs up and the bayou smell will have you agreeing. :) Of course, my colony is 100+ so that makes a huge difference too!

Come to my house tomorrow when I clean their tank and I’ll show you dirty. The leftover gunk that vacs up and the bayou smell will have you agreeing. :) Of course, my colony is 100+ so that makes a huge difference too!
Very strange. I have never heard of this before. My shrimp are not dirty at all.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back