Can I Feed My Corycats Cucumber?

joselaz5780

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Will cucumber every once in a while help them in nutrition? cucumbers sink in water dont they? do cory cats like cucumber?

you can but I doubt they would eat it

corys do well with frozen and pellet foods theres no need to feed them any veg as well

Mine aren't overkeen on cucumbers,they tend to have a 2 second seeing what it is then leaving it...

They are partial to cooked de-shelled garden peas & broad beans,make sure to break it or squash it down to little bits :good: also helps to clear them out... :rolleyes:

mine never touch it, although sometimes they do nibble on a crushed pea. just squeeze one out the shell and squash it into the tank.

Small cories would stuggle eating them. I see some adult cories that eat a slice of cucumber. They work from the middle and outwards. Pet stores just leave the cucumber for a couple of days. I wonder if it contributes a lot of ammonia though ... hmm.

There's so little nutrition in cucumber it's hardly worth the trouble of feeding it. It does need to be weighted down. All my catfish (and snails!) love tomato; you could try that, or lightly cooked courgette, or peas as the other posters have mentioned.

They shall eat cucumber since they are natural scavengers, Blanch the cucumber in hot water for about 30-60 secs. That way it will sink and the natural liquids wont cloud the water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back