Bugs in new aquatic plants?!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

J CZA

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
heyo I just got some salvinia for my 75g and I got it for $2 since the plants were dying off and not in a tank but in a plastic bowl. The shop I went to was a hour away and by far the biggest shop Iā€™ve ever gone too. I got home and put my bag of fish in to settle down and was gunna add some water to the salvinia and pick out the dead ones from the live ones. And there is a whole bunch of these very tiny bugs in there. All the same type. They are smaller then a wheat seed ig and black. Are they safe for the tank? Are they a threat. Will they dye off or are my salvinia useless.

I have some plants at the bottom of the tank but this is my first w floating plants.

The fish I have is;
2, golden gouramis
1, red tail shark
4, Denison barbs
1, clown pleco
1, ghost shrimp +12 being acclimated
3, yoyo loaches being acclimated
(Ik the yo-yo will eat the ghost sheimp but there small rn.
I have a empty 10g that Iā€™m cleaning out. Itā€™ll take a few hours if I should keep the yo-yo loaches there for quarantine or not. That would mean theyā€™d stay in the bag for much longer...
Thanks

heyo I just got some salvinia for my 75g and I got it for $2 since the plants were dying off and not in a tank but in a plastic bowl. The shop I went to was a hour away and by far the biggest shop Iā€™ve ever gone too. I got home and put my bag of fish in to settle down and was gunna add some water to the salvinia and pick out the dead ones from the live ones. And there is a whole bunch of these very tiny bugs in there. All the same type. They are smaller then a wheat seed ig and black. Are they safe for the tank? Are they a threat. Will they dye off or are my salvinia useless.

I have some plants at the bottom of the tank but this is my first w floating plants.

The fish I have is;
2, golden gouramis
1, red tail shark
4, Denison barbs
1, clown pleco
1, ghost shrimp +12 being acclimated
3, yoyo loaches being acclimated
(Ik the yo-yo will eat the ghost sheimp but there small rn.
I have a empty 10g that Iā€™m cleaning out. Itā€™ll take a few hours if I should keep the yo-yo loaches there for quarantine or not. That would mean theyā€™d stay in the bag for much longer...
Thanks
Hi and welcome to the forum :hi:

I wouldnā€™t risk adding anything in that could cause problems. Especially if your tank is established.

Unless you know exactly what youā€™re adding in, I would try avoid it.

I hope your yo-yo loaches are settled :)

Hi and welcome to the forum :hi:

I wouldnā€™t risk adding anything in that could cause problems. Especially if your tank is established.

Unless you know exactly what youā€™re adding in, I would try avoid it.

I hope your yo-yo loaches are settled :)
I do know the plant and how it grows in the tank but I have small black bugs on them, is it safe to add them.
Thanks, my loaches are doing great

Dip in hydrogen peroxide and then rinse.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back