Breeding rack

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

3rd and final tank is finally done. Although this is meant to be a "breeding rack" there's not a hell of a lot of breeding going on (other than the red cherry shrimp) so I don't know if I can call it that yet haha.

This is a simple set up with some pots, plants and a bit of sand. My community tank fish are hanging out in here for now until I've redone their main tank.
20210825_192817.jpg

20210825_192810.jpg

20210825_192804.jpg

Noticed something tiny moving around on the bottom of the blackwater tank. Turned out to be loads of tiny red cherry shrimplets! The shrimpies are happy in there for sure!
20210906_193813.jpg

20210906_193757.jpg

Thought I'd post up a pic before I do a big trim back! I've got some pots of plants in there temporarily. They'll be going into my new community tank when some more plants show up!
20210927_162348.jpg

Apisto tank is growing in nicely too! Still waiting for them to make babies 😣
20210927_180307.jpg

Thought I'd post up a pic before I do a big trim back! I've got some pots of plants in there temporarily. They'll be going into my new community tank when some more plants show up!
View attachment 144139
Apisto tank is growing in nicely too! Still waiting for them to make babies 😣
View attachment 144140
what are those gorgeous red plants in the pots in the first tank!?!

Funny you should ask 😂

I just got back from the fish shop and was about to show what I got!

So when I picked up my apisto aggassizi double reds I actually went to the shop with the intention of buying cacutuoides super reds but they only had the albinos. Well today I went back and they had a pair of the cacutuoides super reds so I grabbed them for the blackwater tank. Also grabbed another 7 cardinal tetras so I've got about 14 now.

The male
20211022_142958.jpg

The female
20211022_143005.jpg

20211022_142245.jpg

They didn't waste anytime hunting the poor shrimps that were in there either. Soon as they hit the water they were in hunting mode.

Funny you should ask 😂

I just got back from the fish shop and was about to show what I got!

So when I picked up my apisto aggassizi double reds I actually went to the shop with the intention of buying cacutuoides super reds but they only had the albinos. Well today I went back and they had a pair of the cacutuoides super reds so I grabbed them for the blackwater tank. Also grabbed another 7 cardinal tetras so I've got about 14 now.

The male
View attachment 146037
The female
View attachment 146038

View attachment 146039

They didn't waste anytime hunting the poor shrimps that were in there either. Soon as they hit the water they were in hunting mode.
Woah pretty

what happened to the pea puffers?

Woah pretty

what happened to the pea puffers?
I ordered 5 online, they all arrived at the shop DOA due to delays in shipping and I ended up getting a refund. They haven't had anymore arrive since.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back