Breeding rack

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OK I think I'm finally happy with it lol added some baby Java ferns and red root floaters I got out of my shrimp bowl, needle fern from my community tank and added some mini Taiwan moss and Java moss on the wood.
20210619_205220.jpg

Attachments

• 20210619_205225.jpg
    20210619_205225.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 71
Which plants do you recommend for starting off? I have a tank in dire need of plants without much light.
amazon swords or other swords (rubin swords are cool too)_, they dont need much lights
anubias
crypts

Well I'd mate in that (or is that tmi?)
As Sgoooosh said, swords, anubias, crypts and also things like java moss and java fern. I'm not a plant expert but i've had success with those even in my shrimp bowl with a desk lamp for lighting lol

So the tank is finally cycled and ready for fish!
Ph 7.4
Amm 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5.0

And I found a red cherry shrimp which I have no idea how it got in the tank! Must have some how hitchhiked on a plant or something. Well it's still alive so I guess that's a sign the tank is ready for fish!
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any pea puffers! So I may try my hand at breeding some apistogramma cacatuoides double reds.
20210708_141857.jpg

I'd leave the tanks clear between and run some hardscape through them if you could get some wood and cut it straight down so it looks like one piece going through the glass it would look very cool!

Wills
Now THAT I like.
For a long time Ive been thinking of three identical sized tanks pushed alongside each other with heavy planting against all the adjoining ends to achieve that very effect.
One for Medaka, one for little mosquitos and one community tank. Your wood idea would look even better sticking though the heavy planting!
Im a carpenter/joiner myself. I’m cutting bits of timber up all day every day yet it never occurred to me! Wills, you’re a genius.

So the tank is finally cycled and ready for fish!
Ph 7.4
Amm 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5.0

And I found a red cherry shrimp which I have no idea how it got in the tank! Must have some how hitchhiked on a plant or something. Well it's still alive so I guess that's a sign the tank is ready for fish!
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any pea puffers! So I may try my hand at breeding some apistogramma cacatuoides double reds.
View attachment 139599
I’d wait for what your hearts really set on. Put some more RCS in to pass the time until you can get some pea puffers.

I’d wait for what your hearts really set on. Put some more RCS in to pass the time until you can get some pea puffers.
Thing is i have 2 more tanks on the rack i can set up so i could always put the puffers in one of those if i need to or i can move the apistos to my community tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back