Breeding rack

Boundava

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Alder cones are very good at coloring water, better than leaves...though I like the ascetic that leaves bring to a tank.
That's a nice piece of wood, you can also soak it in some hydrogen peroxide and use a cheap toothbrush to get the dried algae off. I have done that before as wood is porous and I have been hesitant to soak it in bleach. H2O2 will just break down in a tank to harmless H and O where if you don't get all the bleach soaked out it could be an issue, I know its a slim chance but I don't like taking it, silly but that's me.

OP
OP
Mick85

Mick85

Fishaholic
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Made a complete rookie error today. I rushed out and bought a whole bunch of plants for the new setup. Got some anubias, crypts, Java fern, Java moss and some Valisenera. Set it all up and blub blub blub....the driftwood started floating 😂 I forgot to soak it!

Stuck a few rocks on it for now until it sinks but yeh, here it is so far!
20210715_223844.jpg

20210715_223851.jpg

It's still a bit murky and I want to give the moss a little trim up to make it a bit neater. I'll probably get some dwarf hairgrass and plant the open area.

Tacocat

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Made a complete rookie error today. I rushed out and bought a whole bunch of plants for the new setup. Got some anubias, crypts, Java fern, Java moss and some Valisenera. Set it all up and blub blub blub....the driftwood started floating 😂 I forgot to soak it!

Stuck a few rocks on it for now until it sinks but yeh, here it is so far!
View attachment 139962
View attachment 139963
It's still a bit murky and I want to give the moss a little trim up to make it a bit neater. I'll probably get some dwarf hairgrass and plant the open area.
They're all the same size right?

(Also you got a face reveal by accident in first picture left side)

OP
OP
Mick85

Mick85

Fishaholic
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
They're all the same size right?

(Also you got a face reveal by accident in first picture left side)
Do you mean the tanks? Yeh they're all 60x30x36cm.

Hahaha damn it! At least i had some clothes on 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Mick85

Mick85

Fishaholic
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
So I got some bad news today. The supplier I was getting the pea puffers from emailed today to say they were all DOA when they got to the shop because of a delay in transport. So I'm getting a refund and hopefully they'll have more in 5-6 weeks time. Pretty shattered!

I have the apisto tank pretty much ready to go, still cycling but I added alder cones today to give the water a nice tinge. So much biofilm and green dust algae in there now so I'll probably get a team of otos in there, I'll move the cardinal tetras from my community tank and then I'll add the apisto pair.

20210723_215812.jpg

20210723_215808.jpg

20210723_215802.jpg

OP
OP
Mick85

Mick85

Fishaholic
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
The last of the tanks will be a fry grow out tank. Picked up some cool pots so I'm going to plant them and just have a light layer of sand on the bottom. The other 2 tanks are scaped so I'll be keeping this one simple.
20210726_193724.jpg

KatieMR

Reaction score
I love how different these all look. I'm excited to see them with the intended stocking! I hope you can find the puffers soon!

OP
OP
Mick85

Mick85

Fishaholic
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Nearly 1 month on and this is how my blackwater tank is looking. I added some red cherry shrimp who are already berried up and also my cardinal tetras who can be the dither fish for the apsitos when I eventually move them over. The moss on the driftwood is growing so good, never had much success with moss until now! And the frogbit is multiplying like crazy!
20210811_184225.jpg

20210811_184215.jpg

OP
OP
Mick85

Mick85

Fishaholic
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Omgoodness, where did you get these plants?!?! I apologize if the answer is in here and I missed it.
Sorry I missed this!

Bought them all online!

If you're in Australia I can give you the site.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online