Breeding Acf Diary

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Front legs!!!!

008-5.jpg

Becoming "Frog-shaped" !!! :hyper:

007-7.jpg

I imagine at this stage it stopped eating and will absorb it's tail? (cause usually tadpoles of land dwelling species stop eating once they get front arms)

What are you doing with the babies, are you keeping them or selling them?

I imagine at this stage it stopped eating and will absorb it's tail? (cause usually tadpoles of land dwelling species stop eating once they get front arms)

What are you doing with the babies, are you keeping them or selling them?

It will soon stop eating and absorb its tail as the final stage in metamorphosis. This tadpole in particular is ahead of the rest and seems to always have been - - while it seems overnight his coloration filled in and he slimmed down, the others are still in the process of developing legs.

And I plan on selling the tadpoles - - I don't plan on keeping any offspring unless one is born with a deformity (lack of a limb or eye) so I don't have to worry about related frogs breeding.

I would take one for my 15 gallon hex tank but they might try and eat my sticklebacks :lol:

Alessa x.

haha guaranteed they would!!!

It would hurt them! They are 3 spined sticklebacks so 3 spikes to pierce with! ouch!

Alessa x.

012-3.jpg

check out my little claws!!! like the adults, I have my three clawed toes!!!
014-2.jpg

whoa!!! where did my tail go? I absorbed about 2/3s of my tail in 36 hours!!! Won't be long until I am a frog!!!

008-7.jpg

omg they make me miss my Frogger so much!!!! lol wish i had room for one...

I have been keeping them in a 10 gallon tank - - this is usually the recommended size primarily due to the fact that they are filter feeders - - the confined space keeps the food in some-what "close proximity" to the tadpoles

When the frogs are bigger I heard they need 20 gallons or larger, length more important than depth. Are you going to separate the frog so he doesn't try to eat his smaller siblings?

as tadpoles they are actually larger than him, and they are in the process of morphing so they should all be fully morphed around next week.

the tadpoles are not in any danger with each other. the frog is so small that HBH frog and tadpole bites will need to be broken for a couple weeks for him and the others to feed

I am also not keeping these frogs, I am selling them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back