The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

b1030420

Reaction score
Hi guys just a quick one.

Ive now bred 2 lines of bettas, 2weeks and 4 weeks old.
Now my question is when will they grow?! lol silly question i know bt its my 1st time with bettas.
my 4 week old fry obviously bigger than 2 week old but yet still they are about the size of day old guppy fry.
Feeding them on micro and bannana worms @ 27c

Darent release them into 40l growing tank as im afraid they will disappear

Any advice? thx

frist i would say put them in the big tank they are easyer to grow on. just make sure the filter in there is a sponge filter notheing to strong as it will suck the babys up , the next thing i will say is that @ about 12 weeks you need to seperate the males and females ,females can stay together male all need seperate tanks as they start to fight just after 12 weeks i lost my frist batch of betta from this come down in the morning only 2 fish left from 30 or so, (can you home 15 or so male at one time?)i had real problems in rehoming ther males i gave them to a fish shop for free in the end,
hope this helps mate not being nasty its just what i found with bredding them good luck mate hope this is a help

When you can see them about 1 foot away put them in so thin bigger

I'd say release them to the 40l with a sponge filter. Betta fry excrete a growth inhibiting hormone that stunts the growth of their siblings. The effects of this hormone are reduced in larger tanks and with regular water changes.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back