devillikeme

Reaction score
Would I be able to put a male betta with some cories in a big enough tank? Nothing too flashy, just albino or green/bronze cories with one male betta

You could try, but bettas are usually best kept alone. As you probably know, they are very aggressive and he might kill the cories. Do you already have the betta? If you do, you could try putting him in the tank with the cories and watch him very closely to see if he gets aggressive towards them. If he does, return him to his original tank. If you don't have the betta, you could pick one out that is not flaring at the other bettas and who generally seems calm. I would set up a new tank for him though, just in case he does get aggressive. Personally, I would not attempt putting a betta with other fish. I have heard of them being fine with fish for a while and then suddenly flip out and kill anything that comes close.

I currently do have a betta and some cories in seperate tanks, but I wanted to add a couple more fish to my betta's tank.
I floated one of my bronze/green cories in the betta tank, and there was no aggressive behavior from either one of them yet

Well, like I said, you could try to put them together. But keep a very close eye on them at all times. You never know when a betta will decide he doesn't like his tank mates anymore.

Would I be able to put a male betta with some cories in a big enough tank? Nothing too flashy, just albino or green/bronze cories with one male betta
We have a 40 litre (10 gallon) tank with 1 male Betta and 6 panda cories. I would not attempt this in a smaller tank. I took the Betta out, rearranged the tank to disrupt his territory, added the cories then reintroduced the betta. The Betta 'stalked' the cories for a day or two, and he eats their food a bit, but they have been fine for 6 months.
I recommend plenty of p!ants and hiding places.
Betta temperaments vary so have a back up plan.

True. I'll keep an eye on him with just two cories at first
It is worth mentioning that corys really need to be in groups of at least 6 (more is better). Moving 2 as an experiment will create needless stress for the corys. I'm not saying don't do this (although I personally wouldn't) but if you are going to try this use a decent sized group. As a fallback you could move them into the tank with the other corys if it doesn't work out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back