TheHoodGuy8

Reaction score
I went to an exotic reptile and amphibian shop. I saw some axelotles in Tupperware containers with some air holes in them. Is this normal for pet stores to keep axelotles like this? There was almost no room for movement and smelled absolutely terrible. Just wandering if this is reasonable conditions for them or is this bad treatment?

I went to an exotic reptile and amphibian shop. I saw some axelotles in Tupperware containers with some air holes in them. Is this normal for pet stores to keep axelotles like this? There was almost no room for movement and smelled absolutely terrible. Just wandering if this is reasonable conditions for them or is this bad treatment?

My LFS always keep them in full tanks on their own, this seems like bad treatment to me

It is very poor treatment for Axies, they are extremely sensitive to bad water chemistry and will quickly die if kept in bad water. They need very very clean water, no bright lighting and plenty of space to move about in even as babies.

One way to know if they are healthy and happy in their water is their gill feathering....heavy feathering is good, no feathering is very bad.

Most reactions

Back