Are Your Tanks/fish Always Changing?

I can't keep a tank the same and I get bored of the fish so quickly the only fish I still love is Jack my betta and I can still lose an hour just watching him swim around yawn and stretch his fins. I am probably going to be living in thailand/vietnam for 8 months starting in august. The good thing is that I will be able to go down to the local betting house and get a siamese fighter for cheap direct from thai breeders :), start smuggling them back to the UK. I have a couple of people near me who may take over my tanks until I return, but I don't know when I will return if at all. That still doesn't stop me spending money on something I can only enjoy for 2 months though. I find breeding guppies intriguing as you have to wait for the colouration to come through except for the odd exception (I currently have a spawn which were coloured up within a week with a very similar colouration to their mother), I am expecting the current lot to be fully coloured next week, but I have loads just from the same 3 mothers and 2 fathers.
 
im terrible, always wanting to move around the scape every month lol, and then after a while i get bored with the fish, and want something different, but thats a shame really, becuase i know i have nice fish, its just greed:)
 
The only tank I am *almost* happy with is my 5ft with the reedfish, climbing perch and bgk, the 6ft is looking empty due to only having 3 fish in at the mo and the 4ft 'oscar nursery' is just that, need to think what I'd putting in there when Shadow (black oscar) goes in the 6ft.

Thinking snakeheads but what can live with em? (nelly?)
 
but there does come a time.. not u planted people! ( ukaps) where you feel comfy, like an old cardy ............ tell me yes or im done for :lol:
 
but there does come a time.. not u planted people! ( ukaps) where you feel comfy, like an old cardy ............ tell me yes or im done for :lol:

yes, i agree. when you have a nice scape its great, but still wanting to keep tinkering with plants and fish changes, just keeping the basic wood/rock layout the same
 
Our newest venture is a planted cichlid tank, and thoroughly enjoying it too.
Bored very easilly, sometimes things just DON'T look right.
And Kari, that black orchid of you'res can come live with me anytime ^_^
 
I think nelly sold them to himself :blush:

hehe problem is i said i know there GOING TO A GOOD HOME :blink:

The only tank I am *almost* happy with is my 5ft with the reedfish, climbing perch and bgk, the 6ft is looking empty due to only having 3 fish in at the mo and the 4ft 'oscar nursery' is just that, need to think what I'd putting in there when Shadow (black oscar) goes in the 6ft.

Thinking snakeheads but what can live with em? (nelly?)

Those 2 yellow channa punctata that dave oddball is selling are fine with other fish, depend's what type you go for, pluero around 18inch max/obscura around 16inch max/marulioides around 26inch max, are all ok in community tank's providing the tank mates are no where near bite size,but obviously these are the bigger boys
 

Most reactions

Back
Top