Are Your Tanks/fish Always Changing?

karigupi

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Northants
Maybe its just me??

I really love keeping fish, its a very addictive hobby with so many possibilities, but I have a problem, I'm not good with things staying the same, I have to fiddle & change & when something becomes a bit easy I feel I need more of a challenge.

I guess I get bored easy lol. Do your tanks constantly evolve, or do you pick something & make it perfect, then stick with it?

I think I have a problem, the large community tank I set up is boring now, I love the guppies, but we have lots of pretty mutts I guess, generic lfs fish with no breeding history, I would like to continue to keep a few guppies, but just a specific strain in a breeding trio. The mollies & swords I just feel abit blah about now. I love my harlequins & my cory's still though & will make room for them.

I hate to say it, but my Betta's are also next on the rehoming list, they are beautiful & full of character, but they just dont excite me anymore.

Oh dear, what to do?

The only tanks I am happy with is my snakeheads & the DPs although I am replanting the DP tank this weekend too :blush: .

I fear my family will think I am mad if I start talking about re-planning & re-stocking my tanks, someone please tell me its normal?

I dont know yet what to fill the tanks with :blink:

I'm thinking my 2.5ft would look lovely filled with a few different cory's & 2 nice groups of harlequins & galaxy rasbora. The other, I dont know, I love the look of the Convict Cichlids, maybe?
 
ha you always get itchy with fish,well i do, i had community,then went with oscars and south american cichlid's,then sold them in ore of moving abroad,that got put back,so i had to get some more fish,the channa came along,now iam truely addicted to channa, iam starting to sell my channa collection slowly,which is darned annoying but,were ment to be heading of end of year<if she pulls her finger out> its not easy finding people to buy channa,because there reputaion perceed's them, shame as there brilliant fish to keep
 
yep, I was terrible for rescaping, everytime I looked at it, I was'nt happy. Think I am now though!

Heres a few pics of my tank progression over a year

DSC_3697.jpg

DSC_6710.jpg

tankafter.jpg

DSC_3805.jpg

tank.jpg

DSC_8159.jpg

DSC_8359copy.jpg


Fingers crossed I dont get bored with it again anytime soon :lol:
 
nar not really, not now, i used to tho saying that i still spend possibly more time with my hands in the tanks that out :lol:
 
I just change the decor when I get borred. I am a bit borred of some of my fish but i Won't change them cause I get attatched to them, instead I just set up a new tank so I can get different fish, I'm setting up 2 new tanks now as I got the new fish bug.
 
Yup kari im just the same !!

Omg :o what you doing with the DPs? And the tank? What you replacing it with etc?

Kari, its a shame you dont change hubbys as much as you do fish/tanks ey nelly :wub: lol
 
Did have a a change every now and then with mine,but over the last few months got the tank how i want it,then got some dollers and now forever buying more plants and changing them around lol then dollers are hungry little fish....
 
im the same =/

i really want some fishes, soo i have stocked them; then the fishes i wasnt to keen on i like, so i wish i had picked them ><

ARGH! its such a pain!

i want to keep some corydoras and snakeheads lol, i want more tank lol!

i always have to fiddle with the tank, and my parents hate me going on about it :(
 
Yup kari im just the same !!

Omg :o what you doing with the DPs? And the tank? What you replacing it with etc?

Kari, its a shame you dont change hubbys as much as you do fish/tanks ey nelly :wub: lol
Nothing major with the DP's all my real plants have died, so I needed to put some more silk in & was going to do a new tank layout, but then I caught them spawning I think, this afternoon, so have just added a couple of new plants for now.

As for hubby, :hey: :lol: I would have happily changed him many times & would swap him for some new fish any day lol. Dave's yellow channa punctata or nelly's channa sp assam's would look lovely where his wardrobe used to be :drool: :good: :wub:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top