Aquagreen

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Niiiiiiice, looking forward to the plants. Its like Christmas when the plants arrive :). Jealous now, I wont be planting anything now till the big un. :(

One thing though... the hardscape looked better out of the tank.

thanks Minnnt, and TBF, i actually agree. I have had another mess around and opened up the pathway a little. It looks more like the original now. There are rocks in there that aren't going to be in there eventually as well.

and Steve, i can't wait for parcel farce to turn up in the morning!

Maybe just a better picture with the sunlight etc? lol.

Either way, should be great. Wish i could afford some wood like that. :rolleyes:

I should sell that wood, there's a shop up the road from me that always has loads of it and it's dirt cheap. Might buy some more myself getting bored of my tank lol.

Looks good mate I like the layout as it is to be honest, will be checking back for planted pics :good:

cheers Ross...

got my plants today, spent most of the day planting glosso! it's been finished about 3 hours now. The stems are still bent over, so foregive that.

heres the plant list.

Glosso
Taxiphyllum barbieri
Hydrocotle japan
Rotala rotundifolia
Hygro poly 'rosanervig'
Ranunculus
Crypt Wendtii green
Crypt Wendtii brown
Crypt Parva
Microsorum pteropus narrow
Ludwigia diamond red
Pogostamon erectus
Hygro pinnatifida
Abunias bonsai
Anubias nana

heres a couple of pics...

aquagreen3 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

and a shot from the top to show the stems

aquagreen2 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Lovely job Ian, front view too please or are you teasing?

Did you order your plants from TGM?

I love this one. It looks very natural and "real" if you get my point. Can't wait to see it in a week or two when it starts filling out. Front shot please! :lol:

Lovely job Ian, front view too please or are you teasing?

Did you order your plants from TGM?

cheers mate, there will be a fts when the stems straighten up. Yes, the plants were from TGM, they are a mix of tropica and TMG exceptional value range. They are all in tip top condition.

I love this one. It looks very natural and "real" if you get my point. Can't wait to see it in a week or two when it starts filling out. Front shot please!

thank you ff, it's based around an amano nature aquarium. I'm looking forward to this to see how this one pan out as well.

fish suggestions anyone??

Since you've recently done guppies... How about a betta? :lol: :lol:

Espei's would look nice with those colors.

Hmm may have to give TGM a go then, been waiting ages for aquaessentials to get some stuf back in.

Black neons or Penguin tetras :)

Gert Lush!

Great work, I realy want to see a front on shot :drool:

Fish wise, simple plenty of Cardinals and a top quality Betta :)

you lot can stick your Betta! lol

Espei's would look nice with those colors.

i have had these before, and agree they are great looking things, but the tend to jump.

Hmm may have to give TGM a go then, been waiting ages for aquaessentials to get some stuff back in.

Black neons or Penguin tetras

cheers for the suggestions, penguins get a little to big for the tank. Black neons may be an option, good shout.

TGM tend to keep all the plants in stock, AE will order in...but so will my LFS. TGM are a little more expensive, but you are guaranteed the quality and the plants to be in stock at least. Give Jim @ TMG a ring and he'll let you know if they have the plants, 9 times out of 10 they will.

On the same lines... black emperor tetras look AMAZING in a large shoal.

Very nice Ian I like it a lot

thank you Caz, i have never kept black emperors, another good shout!

Gert Lush!

Great work, I really want to see a front on shot

Fish wise, simple plenty of Cardinals and a top quality Betta

cheers Livewire, and yet another good shout. You have gotta love Cards...

ps and shove that Betta.

Most reactions

trending

Back