Aquagreen

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ian

plant your tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I thought i'd have a mess around with some hardscape this afternoon, ready for my new scape. The old scape will be shut down next week and i'm away on holiday for a week. I will have my plants on order over the week when i'm away and will be planting on the Friday when i get back. I have the substrate (Florabase) and hardscape (redmoor wood and mini landscape). Heres what i came up with.

aquagreen by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

comments very welcome.

Not very green though...

Looks great Ian, great work. Come to my house and do miiiine!

I'm loving this already Ian. Just a thought, maybe the branch in the middle on the substrate could go to give the old mountain pass look

Looks good, but there's no aqua, and no green :p

How will you lay out the substrate? Will there be a slope or one level?

I love the wood.

Not very green though...

Looks great Ian, great work. Come to my house and do miiiine!

I thought the ferns at the back was enough! lol

cheers Minnnt

I'm loving this already Ian. Just a thought, maybe the branch in the middle on the substrate could go to give the old mountain pass look

Thanks Tony, will see what its like when i get the substrate in. :good:

Looks good, but there's no aqua, and no green

cheers MOF, but look closer...lol

theres a water feature and some ferns. :hey:

How will you lay out the substrate? Will there be a slope or one level?

I love the wood.

Than you FF, there will be a large slope and the bottom of the wood will be buried, with the rock mainly there to hold the wood down.

Dude, just a little advice, if your going with florabase, buy a couple of 2.5L bags with the large stuff, I just added some to my main scape and its so much better round the rocks and wood, also used the smaller grain in Scandanavia and its so much more fitting, used large stuff underneath tho. ;)

Like the idea of burying the bottom of the branch too mate, I done it in mine to look like emerging roots. :)

Getting major craving to do the 150G dude, my tanks are too small.

:X That's what happened to mine then. I didn't place any rocks around, and the first bump had my wood unburied. I'll have to fix that when I replant. Learning everything on the fly!

You could always leave that set up outside and just call it art. :fun:

right...

Substrate and hardscape in...theres a couple of rock that will be removed in there, they're there to stop the wood from floating off.

aquagreen1 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

the plants arrive tomorrow. Can't wait!

higher?? they are close to the back of the tank already, i need room to get the stems in at the back.

No, I do not mean closer to the back but higher vertically. It would give an impression like you are walking through a forest with high walls on both sides. Basically having the wood/rock arrangements sitting on a mound of substrate.

Ah I get you, I personally don't like the sloped substrates from left to right, leaving it lower in the middle. The way I'm planting doesn't really suit it either. Thanks for the comment though lu.

Coming along nicely now Ian. Looking forward to seeing it planted out. Should be epic!!

One thing though... the hardscape looked better out of the tank. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back