Anyone Ordered From Fishbitz Or Living Seas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Actually, Lofty, any communication like the one you recieved is an offence under the law, whether it be a phone call, email or whatever. If you wanted to, you could make things VERY unpleasant for them. If I had a bargepole, I certainly wouldn't touch them with it. Any company is only as good as the staff it employs.

Absolutely... whereabouts should i go to report it? Kinda where i got lost! If now i'm completely in shock that a shop (That was in the wrong from the start) had the audacity to speak to a paying customer like that!

Easiest thing to do is, if the stuff turns up, refuse to sign for it and they will have to take it back.

I would threaten them with legal action though if they try to refuse a refund.

I recently used theliving seas for my tetratec EX1200 and this got delayed due to no stock. I must admit there emails were a bit snotty but not rude. I called and when i managed to get through they told me what the delay was and that is would be sent out next day from them receiving it pre 12.

It did turn up the day after they supposedly got it in the morning as said.

Personaly there not a great experience but they were 3-4 quid cheaper and i was not in a rush so i guess its all dow to if you can be bothered to wait.

Im not likely to use them again unless there that much cheaper in the future though.

personally after my experience with them i would rather pay the extra few quid and buy off a good company like aquatics on line or aqua essentials,at least their products arrive when there supposed too

been trying to keep a low profile since my google warrier moniker :rolleyes: so apologies to the later posts if you think I've just been rude and blanking the posts- think embarrassed is more apt.

Just to add to what Elaine128's saying about going with retailers you know and trust, the one I've touted no end, Aquatics Online also makes a price match so when you get to the "notes" bit when you're completing the order, add about the price you've seen and where, and it's all win.

Lofty there's info in the first page posted by Rabbut and Schmill that I found very useful about how to go down certain routes.

Hope you get it sorted PDQ

Oh "The living seas" Yes i ordered from them My fiancee agread to buy me a Trigon 190 Aquarium for christmas I am just getting into the hobby but unfortunatley i have come across a large stumbaling block in my new hobbie and that is I do not have a tank !

I have to say i was mortified to discover that my case of lack of service misinformation rude replys and lethergy on behalf of the living seas is not an isolated case

" I will never use The living seas ever again and shall never recommend them to anyone else infact i will all ways recomend people steer well clear of them"

POOR service yes they are cheaper than most my advice pay a little more and use a decent on-line shop.

onebto.

Further to my run in with Living seas well I got my money back after waiting nearly 2 months for an Aquarium they Quoted as 7 to 10 days for delivery,

thanks to my good Lady who is a solicitor and wrote them a letter which made them realise they had breached contract !

Well I paid a bit more but Aqua care Direct came to the rescue guaranteed delivery of 5 days and that included a weekend !

Polite :good:

Efficient :good:

And they have my recommendation :good:

I never say anything bad about a shop until they have done wrong to me or the fish are kept in tanks to small

livings seas have never done anything wrong to me i have placed many orders with them in the past from £74 up to £500 never had any problems with delivery

pick up the phone and order over the phone then you know if they have stock or not

all this talk over legal action is a joke are you really going to spend thousands on a court case over a £25 heater

ive ordered from the living seas twice now both times for filters as they were half the price pf my lfs £63 for a tetretec ex1200 delivered!!!!!!

First time the order was placed monday and recieved it friday, second time order was rang through thursday at 5pm and the filter was at my house on the saturday morning!!!

They didnt have everything i wanted in stock so only ordered what they had and had not one problem with them so far.

mat

I never say anything bad about a shop until they have done wrong to me or the fish are kept in tanks to small

livings seas have never done anything wrong to me i have placed many orders with them in the past from £74 up to £500 never had any problems with delivery

pick up the phone and order over the phone then you know if they have stock or not

all this talk over legal action is a joke are you really going to spend thousands on a court case over a £25 heater

Thousands lol :lol: no :no: anything under £5000 is considered a small claim and dealt with in a different way and done a lot cheaper besides my fiancée she is a solicitor so its free . One letter done the job anyway they folded so its not a joke IT WORKED.
:good:

Guess its horses for courses when it comes to suppliers and service and I am sure they are used regularly by some with out a single problem (living seas ) that is. But they done me a bad turn and treated me like the proverbial lump of steaming dogs T ! and as mentioned I will never use them again or recommend them to anyone

my run in with them was not a £25 heater but an Aquarium worth nearly £350

Regards onbto

i think if they told you in the first place that the goods were out of stock instead of sending an email saying goods despatched( which is clearly a lie)then people would be far more understanding,but bad service is bad service whether it be a £25 heater or a more expensive item,i too would not recommend them(cant spell)why should you need to phone them to make sure the items are in stock,why cant they list the item as out of stock, it would stop alot of bad feeling

So True elaine128 oh well does not matter any more I got the Tank else were they lost out in the end loosing the profit through loosing the sale even if it was a small amount serves them write :lol:

if you think they are so bad don't use them its a simple as that

lets face it the reason most people use them in the 1st place is because they are cheap

if you are in a rush for your goods don't order from the INTERNET in the 1st place go to a shop

if you are out to save money buy online

whats the big deal over a £25 heater do you think they will rip you off for £25 i don't think so you will get your money or your goods one way or the other

a phone is for calling people use it to place your order that method of buying worked well for years before the INTERNET

its just pisses me off when i see threads like this with people moaning about not getting their goods the next day

start a thread if you haven't got what you paid for 1 year later not 10 Min's after placing a order

i ordered stuff from ebay that wasn't in stock it took me 8 weeks to get my stuff you don't see me starting threads saying ebay is rubbish everyone stop using them i sorted out on my own not moaning like a baby :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Back