Anyone Ordered From Fishbitz Or Living Seas

I've not ordered from this company T1kerman but lets just get a little reality here.

You are right if you want something quick then yes a shop is the best way to go. However if an online site offers next day postage and the item doesn't say it is out of stock on the website then you should rightly expect to be able to order and get it next day. They do charge extra for next day delivery so they should complete their end of the contract.

If they are online and able to tank online payments they should at the very least have their stock on a database which wether selling through any method would deduct from stock for each sale by any method. therefore it should automatically flag up the fact that the item is out of stock.

There are far too many online sellers in all different categories not just aquatics that have their website and virtually zero stock. Its a get the money and blag from then on tactic which obviously works to a degree.

In the case above the person was clearly told the item had been despatched. the buyer had also paid a charge for next day delivery and therefore it is very bad business practice to then not complete the contract by saying the item was out of stock.

So before warbling on about people waiting for a year. Why should they. they ordered the item to arrive the next day. they paid for the privilege and therefore should be able to expect that what they had paid for would be what they got.

Sounds to me like you would have all people sit and wait and accept whatever service they got and then be joyous when or if the item ever arrived.

Maybe you should go back to the good old days of meeting people face to face at clubs because you obviously rate the 'good old ways' more than internet ways!!!!

AC

if you think they are so bad don't use them its a simple as that

lets face it the reason most people use them in the 1st place is because they are cheap

if you are in a rush for your goods don't order from the INTERNET in the 1st place go to a shop

if you are out to save money buy online

whats the big deal over a £25 heater do you think they will rip you off for £25 i don't think so you will get your money or your goods one way or the other

a phone is for calling people use it to place your order that method of buying worked well for years before the INTERNET

its just pisses me off when i see threads like this with people moaning about not getting their goods the next day

start a thread if you haven't got what you paid for 1 year later not 10 Min's after placing a order

i ordered stuff from ebay that wasn't in stock it took me 8 weeks to get my stuff you don't see me starting threads saying ebay is rubbish everyone stop using them i sorted out on my own not moaning like a baby :unsure:

1. No I wont any more :good:

2. Cheap is good lying bad service misinformation is bad

3. Agreed if you want it quick go to the shop however if you cannot find a store local that supply's an Aquarium of SPECIFIC size and Dimensions then you are left with purchasing it on line. In a rush hell ! yeah I just can't wait but I was prepared to wait the Quoted delivery time of 10 working Days not 2 and half months

4. Save Money buy on line Agreed But at what price and I am not Talking financial price but the Price of politeness and common Decency and keeping your word of contract ?

5. Yes a £25 heater is not a lot but there is still principle to this matter and in my case it was not a £25 heater it was a £350 Aquarium (again ! Specificly chosen for its size and dimensions) and at what point of price does it change from Trivia to an important amount ?

6. Use the phone Agreed but what your told on the other end of the line may not always be entirely true, but here in this thread we are getting a small but clear list of why this process is not 100 % perfect

7. Believe it is called free speech ! just as long as the forum rules are not broken is there a problem with being honest if I had found this forum and this thread before I made my order with Living Seas then I would not of used them saving me not 24 hours but 2 MONTHS ! And I would of added another Service this forum has done for me to the growing list with the help of its Fantastic information supplied by its Fantastic members :good: So sorry that this sort of post gets you all riled up and I quote "pisses you off"

8. Apologies but I have to Quote you again "start a thread if you haven't got what you paid for 1 year later not 10 Min's after placing a order"

2 MONTHS ! not 10 minutes !

Lets maybe agree we all have our own favourite suppliers and we are all going to have a bad experiences with one or another of them from time to time and as much as some are happy to share with us all a good deal and service they received from a supplier is it not fair to do this in reverse ? and leave it up to each individual to make there own decision on the information supplied if they so care to do so ?

For example: Test Kits , Being new to the hobby I jumped on the end of a post on testing and I learnt that the majority here use API kits so obviously I want one of those too ! instead of the one that I had brought at my local shop testing strips (which again some people may use without problem for years and years) further to that I discovered from a couple of members on here they find the best prices on ebay and not at Fish supplier e-shops so prefer to use ebay I had a brief look about and hey presto they were Wright. Kits on its way :good:

i have never paid for delivery from living seas maybe thats a little extra gift you get when you call to order

when ever i call i always ask have you got this or that in stock if they say yes i place the order if not i find it else were

as already stated if you think they are rubbish don't use them

i will continue to use them and save money thats for sure until they do something wrong to me

you are talking about 1 or 2 cases here from the 1000000 of orders they must take each week

i have never paid for delivery from living seas maybe thats a little extra gift you get when you call to order

when ever i call i always ask have you got this or that in stock if they say yes i place the order if not i find it else were

as already stated if you think they are rubbish don't use them

i will continue to use them and save money thats for sure until they do something wrong to me

you are talking about 1 or 2 cases here from the 1000000 of orders they must take each week

As I have also stated I wont be using them :shout: because they are pooh ! lol ...

I am pleased you will continue to use them as is your write as it is mine not to :S

lets face it the reason most people use them in the 1st place is because they are cheap

if you are in a rush for your goods don't order from the INTERNET in the 1st place go to a shop

whats the big deal over a £25 heater do you think they will rip you off for £25 i don't think so you will get your money or your goods one way or the other

a phone is for calling people use it to place your order that method of buying worked well for years before the INTERNET

its just pisses me off when i see threads like this with people moaning about not getting their goods the next day

start a thread if you haven't got what you paid for 1 year later not 10 Min's after placing a order

i ordered stuff from ebay that wasn't in stock it took me 8 weeks to get my stuff you don't see me starting threads saying ebay is rubbish everyone stop using them i sorted out on my own not moaning like a baby :unsure:

3. Agreed if you want it quick go to the shop however if you cannot find a store local that supply's an Aquarium of SPECIFIC size and Dimensions then you are left with purchasing it on line. In a rush hell ! yeah I just can't wait but I was prepared to wait the Quoted delivery time of 10 working Days not 2 and half months

4. Save Money buy on line Agreed But at what price and I am not Talking financial price but the Price of politeness and common Decency and keeping your word of contract ?

5. Yes a £25 heater is not a lot but there is still principle to this matter and in my case it was not a £25 heater it was a £350 Aquarium (again ! Specificly chosen for its size and dimensions) and at what point of price does it change from Trivia to an important amount ?

6. Use the phone Agreed but what your told on the other end of the line may not always be entirely true, but here in this thread we are getting a small but clear list of why this process is not 100 % perfect

7. Believe it is called free speech ! just as long as the forum rules are not broken is there a problem with being honest if I had found this forum and this thread before I made my order with Living Seas then I would not of used them saving me not 24 hours but 2 MONTHS ! And I would of added another Service this forum has done for me to the growing list with the help of its Fantastic information supplied by its Fantastic members :good: So sorry that this sort of post gets you all riled up and I quote "pisses you off"

8. Apologies but I have to Quote you again "start a thread if you haven't got what you paid for 1 year later not 10 Min's after placing a order"

Lets maybe agree we all have our own favourite suppliers and we are all going to have a bad experiences with one or another of them from time to time and as much as some are happy to share with us all a good deal and service they received from a supplier is it not fair to do this in reverse ? and leave it up to each individual to make there own decision on the information supplied if they so care to do so ?

For example: Test Kits , Being new to the hobby I jumped on the end of a post on testing and I learnt that the majority here use API kits so obviously I want one of those too ! instead of the one that I had brought at my local shop testing strips (which again some people may use without problem for years and years) further to that I discovered from a couple of members on here they find the best prices on ebay and not at Fish supplier e-shops so prefer to use ebay I had a brief look about and hey presto they were Wright. Kits on its way :good:
well said. :good: and i`m sure there are at least 8-10 other people on here that would agree with you but you always get the one odd person looking to cause an argument,dont be drawn into it

well said. :good: and i`m sure there are at least 8-10 other people on here that would agree with you but you always get the one odd person looking to cause an argument,dont be drawn into it

You are absolutely Wright elaine I have said my peace I am going to leave it at this :good:

i ordered from the living seas and they seem a good company my light unit came in a week but ended up being faulty so rang them back and they sending me another out should be here this week and my airpump i order was out of stock so gave me a refund(still waiting for this though) must admit the guy there seems bit of an #### on the phone but diane is really nice and has been intouch with me few times with updates about my order, will use again when i order my 2 tetratec ex1200 filters :good:

Wish I’d have read this before placing an order with them. Been 2 months now with nothing, they have even been so nasty as to email me a fake tracking number when I enquired where my order is. Today after simply asking for a refund they accused me of threatening them.

I ordered a filter for next day delivery. 2 days later got an email saying they would refund the next day charge as the item was not in stock. They had already taken payment from my bank!!!

2 weeks later no item and no refund so I reminded them and they sent me a tracking number saying the item had been desptached 2 days earlier and said they would process the refund.

Checked the tracking number which said the item had been delivered the day before when noone was at home. contacte them saying ;) I think you have given me the wrong tracking number as it says it was delivered in Liverpool yet I and the delivery address are on the opposite side of the country ;)

They said we will repost and later gave me a new tracking number. Item arrived 1 day later as did the refund to my bank.

Not bad for a snap decision purchase. I'll buy that. It'll be here tomorrow!!! Me thinks not. Next 23 days not next day. lol

At least it came in the end!!! Shocking

Good job it was an upgrade and not an emergency replacement

AC

sorry to hear you are having troubles babyfirefly unfortunately they have done nothing to improve there customer service :blink: :crazy:

I just had some trouble with them as well the end of last month, over a CO2 unit.

I bought from Waterhome Aquatics - they are the same people as Everything But Water, The Living Seas and 1st 4 Aquatics - they just trade under many different names.

I paid, waited over a week (full 7 working days) to arrive, and it didn't.

I contacted them through email (no phone number on the website) asking them about my order.

Still got nothing, so I sent another mail 2 days later.

Still nothing so I sent another 3 days later saying how disappointed I was.

I got a reply to that one and the guy claimed not to have got my other emails, but never even so much as apologised at all. He asked for my order number so he could track my orderc "for Monday", and I told that I wanted a refund.

Then he said he would pass me onto the relevant department, which was another email address 'the living seas internet store' or something like that.

I was then told that the CO2 unit hadn't arrived with them and it would be 2 weeks until they got them in..."please advise".

I said I wanted the refund, and 2 days later without any contact otherwise I was refunded.

So overall I would advise people to avoid any of the stored listed above.

By complete contrast, I then ordered a CO2 unit from aquaessentials, which was with me the very next day :rolleyes: .

Just goes to show that sometimes the very best price on something isn't always worth it.

Oh dear - this isn't encouraging. I had an order of sand, a filter, and a test kit from The Living Seas. They've cancelled the test kit and refunded me without telling me a thing, sent me the wrong sand, and I've yet to hear about the filter :angry:

Ordered Matrix and API test kit on the 9th of feb from The Living Seas still nothing and not expecting a delivery soon.
i mailed them 7 days later thought i would give them plenty of time told it would be with me by the end of the week.
mailed again told they will have a delivery on monday and will send out asap mailed again today as soon as they have a delivery they will send out asap.

not bad for a 2-3 days delivery not to mention waiting in all day now i'm guaranteed to be out when it does turn up

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back