Angelfish Spawned

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Batch 4 was laid tonight!

I had it originally set up as a community tank with GBRs, a few other angels and a school of Harlequins in there but the father killed 2 rams and a handful of Harlequins with in the first week of having their first batch so right now they only have a few cories, a spotted raphael catfish and a young bristlenose plec.

The male angel killed 2 rams? Wow I never figured they were capable of that, Either way I will likely never intervene with fish breeding unless its hard to get them to breed, or the parents are stressed or are getting ill from looking after them.

Yea he is very defensive of the nest / fry at all times. He splashes anytime anyone walks by the tank and bites me when I go to feed them or the fry. It's amusing and impressive at the same time!

Aaaand they laid eggs again. INSANE

is this batch 5 :p hahahahaha they must really love each other haha :p LMFAO this is hilarouse you are so lucky but i guess so unlucky now haha

but congrats again non the less haha

Thanks. Yes, this is batch number 5 in a total of 6 weeks!
Batch number 1 is doing great. I have about 20 or so that I am raising up a bit more so I can pick out a few favorites to keep/give to family/friends.

Batch 2 disappeared and batch 3 is pretty much gone. Batch 4 just left the leaf today and are now free swimming. And then we have batch 5 ithat was just laid. eesh!

Pictures to follow tomorrow! (Maybe Weds depending on when I have a chance to upload them)

Mama with the newest batch.
IMAG1683.jpg

Will upload pics of 4 and 5 later.

haha cool when you say batch 2 and 3 gone you mean all died or sent to LFS or what not?

Two disappeared - think the filter sucked them up during one of my trial and error filter fittings and Three went to people from craigslist looking to raise their own.

I had about 2 or 3 left from Three who are now mixed in with the freeswimming Four.

Picture Time!!!

Batch 1 - laid Sunday Nov 11, 2012
VIDEO0199_0000013220.jpg

VIDEO0199_0000032742.jpg

IMAG1688.jpg

Batch 3 (2 or 3 fry living with batch 4) & Batch 4- laid Sunday Dec 9, and Tuesday Dec 18, 2012
video -
VIDEO0202_0000037880.jpg

VIDEO0202_0000037880.jpg

VIDEO0202_0000040341.jpg

Batch 5 - laid Monday Dec 24, 2012
IMAG1682.jpg

IMAG1685.jpg

Spawn 6 was laid today!!! A very sizable group this time!

Spawn 7 being laid now!

I am thinking so! They are definitely happy little critters!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back