Angelfish Spawned

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jenste

Resurrecting the Passion of Fishkeeping
Reaction score
Came home from work today to eggs!

My male Ghost and female Golden Marble spawned while I was at work!
yahoo.gif

My husband called me because he noticed a lot of active in the tank...mainly one fish chasing all the others back into a corner.

He said he didn't see any eggs (he isn't really a fishy person)

But I came home and they are all over the front of my filter housing! (Of course....
sneaky2.gif
)

So, now that I have a definite pair, I caught the other 7 angels and two dwarf gouramis and brought them to one of my LFS and he gave me $40 store credit (not bad considering he sells angels in store for $7 each and the DGs for $3 each! )

His store credit has to be used then and there as he is a small shop but I found a GORGEOUS piece of driftwood that fit exactly what I had been looking for as a center piece, pricetag is $59.99....he gave it to me!

So....All in All it has been a great day!

Here is the pair with eggs.
IMAG1351.jpg

IMAG1352.jpg

IMAG1355.jpg

IMAG1354.jpg

The driftwood
Side1
IMAG1357.jpg

Side 2
IMAG1358.jpg

Side 3
IMAG1359.jpg

Side 4
IMAG1360.jpg

Here were the eggs yesterday Nov 11 at 9pm, approx 9 hours after spawning.

Only 1 infertile at 11/11/12 9:00pm
IMAG1367.jpg

The next morning, Nov 12 at 5am, approx 17 hours after spawning.
I left the lights on overnight.

6 infertile at 11/12/12 5:00am
IMAG1369.jpg

Tank shot and parents...The male did not like me approaching the tank to take pictures
IMAG1365.jpg

IMAG1366.jpg

IMAG1372.jpg

IMAG1373.jpg

IMAG1378.jpg

Very nice..

I hope you get a lot of baby fish!!

Thank you
Here are the eggs approx 1 day and 5 hours after laying

19 have gone bad
IMAG1382.jpg

1 day and 17 hours after the spawn. I can count 29 bad eggs, but a few have been eaten also

IMAG1383.jpg

If the eggs are "good" after 48 hours, it means they were fertilized, right?

Also....The female has started cleaning a couple leaves through out the tank in what could almost be described as a frenzy....she seems downright violent cleaning the leaves!

aaw this is a very nice post :) please keep us updated :) i have 3 angels my self at the moment and in future would love to breed some, how come your eggs are going bad?, and i presume the bad ones are brightly coloured, is this caused by flash or do they really glow :p haha

This morning at 5 am they were cleaning in a leaf in a frenzy.

http://youtu.be/6oGQGXxvHC4

I came home from work to WIGGLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my husband check on the tank when he was home for lunch around 1230pm and they were still in the same spot but there was about 34 white eggs.

Came home from work at 3pm to see the eggs were gone from their original spot....and moved to the leaf they were cleaning this morning.

I looked closer and there are WIGGLERS!

IMAG1389.jpg

Video to follow in a few minutes!

aaw this is amazing congratulation :) love how they moved them around haha :p great video too

Top View of the Wigglers with mom supervising

http://youtu.be/2T0Oh8wZLVM

Front of the tank view

http://youtu.be/jql8-yzpb7Y

Sorry I missed your post about the egg colors - -

I wasn't sure how many eggs would be viable as this was their first breeding. Some eggs go bad if the male "misses" fertilizing them....and out of the couple hundred that were laid....30 odd going bad is fine with me!

I am letting them parent raise....I am not looking to make money off this so if all I have are a few who make it to juvenile sizes that is fine with me.

brilliant post i wonder if you could help me too. i have 3 blushing blue angels, one of them is actually laying eggs as we speak on the filter whilst another quickly eats them,, is this normal? what does it mean?
saddam.gif

From what I have read it is normal. It can take a few spawnings before they get it right....and females will lay eggs even with out a male present. You can even have two females "parent" the eggs with the second female trying to fertilize them like a male, but obviously it fails.

It seems that so far mine have been an exception to the rules - - this is their first spawning and so far they are model parents! (Knocks on wood!)

Today is Day 5 and the third day they have been wigglers.

Mom and dad are still very attentive.

The leaf they are sitting on is at a slight angle so every now and then one starts wiggling down closer to the edge and you see one of them swoop them up in their mouth and spit them back on top of the pile.

Here is a picture of day 5 - you can see eyes!

IMAG1405.jpg

Dad to the left, Mom to the right.

IMAG1400.jpg

I am getting so antsy for them to start swimming!!!

Brilliant stuff! :good: Very beautiful pair too! :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back