Aggression levels of betta brothers

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

maritzsa

Reaction score
Hey so, recently my opal male betta and koi female mated and I have been raising their fry for 3 weeks now. I plan on selling/giving away the male offspring and actually wondered if male betta brothers who have always lived in the same space together will get along as adults too. I am assuming no but just out of curiosity I want to hear you guys' opinions. There wasn't anything much on the internet about this so I am here!

I think, brothers or not, two male betta splendens together in one tank will simply not work no matter what.

Bettas are aggressive to each other and will often fight to the death and don't think two male bettas should be kept together at all.
In fact would not suggest keeping one male and one female together either, these species really are solitary fish.

As for bettas with other species of tankmates, not recommended but have heard some folks have successfully done this but would not suggest this tbh.

Even a betta sorority tanks, (all female bettas set up) still needs a experienced keeper to watch for those in a good sized tank set up.

You probably have already read this but will link it as other members who are considering bettas may find this useful -

Most reactions

trending

Back