African Cichlids Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gosu-pk

Reaction score
Is the electric yellow and electric blue ciclids part of the African cichlids family? Or should I try the "New world cichlids" section? thanks for your help

I did, but I keep seeing it say its a new world of cichlids, and i google " African cichlids"

I did, but I keep seeing it say its a new world of cichlids, and i google " African cichlids"

is there another google?? LMAOO

african cichlids gets: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=...frican+cichlids

electric yellow gets: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=...amp;btnG=Search

thennn by clicking one (I closed my eyes and drew a dart at the pc to pickone...) : http://www.ohiexchange.com/armke/fishpages..._caeruleus.html that reads...."Origin and locale/variety: Western coast of Lake Malawi between Charo and Chizi Point and eastern coast of Lake Malawi between Cape Kaiser and Lumbaulo, East Africa"

on the "african cichlid" from google I picked this one: http://www.malawimayhem.com/

now,...watch closely, if you take THAT link and put in..."electric yellow" I now get this: http://www.malawimayhem.com/profile_show.php?id=247

amazing how it all comes full circle :lol:

sometimes the simple things lead you where you need to go.

"electric yellow fish" searched will even get you what you need... see signature now :D

enjoy those links :nod:

electric yellow and electric blues are common names for johanni and i think auratuses in the states..

the best thing to do is to goolge it wit hte word cicli or just go to a good site with profiles like www.cichlid-forum.com and has a look see :D

electric yellow and electric blues are common names for johanni and i think auratuses in the states..

Umm nope :no:

It's the common name for Labidochromis caeruleus, both yellow and blue varity of course..

has nothing to do with johannii nor the auratus.

Umm nope :no:

It's the common name for Labidochromis caeruleus, both yellow and blue varity of course..

has nothing to do with johannii nor the auratus.
so why did you not state that earlier rahter than have a go at the other guy about his search engne skills??

not sure about electric blue thou, certainly in the states the elctric blue johanni is actually a maingano i beleive..

any way, wheres all the love today :hey:

the guy/gal has to learn to get his/her own information, what happens if he has a disease running round his tank and thees no one here at the time he needs them? He should know his way around the web and the best places to look for information am I wrong?

What if they see a fish they like in a store labeled so they write the name down (which is what EVERY newbie should do and by newbie I mean anyone with less then 2 yrs expierence :hey: )<<is that the lovin you wanted? LMAO J/K :lol:

and they come home but no body is on here to get info fast about the fish? He goes to his site he's been cruising around for weeks and he looks up the name of the fish thats why I had all those links posted....

I'm rubber your glue :p

:rofl:

Oh and as for the maingano...wrong dear, the Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos is your maingano ;) most excellent fish if you ask me!!! Very nice addition to a relaxed mbuna tank. :good:

Electric yellow i assume is the yellow lab.

Electric blue could be either the melanochromis johannii or the Sciaenochromis fryeri both have this as a common name but an incorrect name.

The melanochromis cyaneorhabdos has the following common names maingano and the blue johanni aka electric blue.

So it looks like a common name for a common name.

And there is the electric blue jack dempsey and the electric blue hap and dont forget caeruleus is i think greek for blue ?

well it's in an ad konigs book about common names but your the boss :hey:

yes people have to learn, but lets help them just once in a while :D

...if we can :good:

well it's in an ad konigs book about common names but your the boss :hey:

yes people have to learn, but lets help them just once in a while :D

...if we can :good:

So what do you call post #4 with all those links and suggestions then if it's not 'help'? :/

Cheffi - drop it already - becuase it was in reference to an earlier post, honestly, have you not got anything better to do than this? :D tattofisnperson and i are fine with it, why stick you nose it ALL THE TIME?

i'm not gonna reply again to another comment sorry, got better things to do :rolleyes:

Cheffi - drop it already - becuase it was in reference to an earlier post, honestly, have you not got anything better to do than this? :D tattofisnperson and i are fine with it, why stick you nose it ALL THE TIME?

i'm not gonna reply again to another comment sorry, got better things to do :rolleyes:

Like you I'll 'stick my nose in' where ever I so choose as you have done and continue to do. :p :no: This is a forum and all threads are public posting places. The thread is not yours exclusively.
What on earth do you think gives you the right to tell me where I can and cannot post. You continue to throw your weight around and it's very bad form. I shall post wheresoever I wish so stick that in your whatever. :shout:

'Got better things to do'. Yeh of course you have pmsl.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back