Active .vs. Non active members?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yeah me too, when I finish school I have to go to work so it can be hard to put together complicated and detailed answers
I agree, sometimes I just have to add a quick response.

I’m trying to get to 3,000 posts, that my next milestone! :)

I check the forum regularly, but seldom post. So, speaking for myself as a relatively "inactive" participant of this forum-
Fish are not my main hobby. I only have a couple of aquariums. The majority of the posts aren't that relevant to what I'm doing, and I don't have as much experience as most of the others answering questions. I'm not the type to answer questions incorrectly just for the sake of being active.
I suspect that many of the people here are very casual hobbyists like myself, hence the lack of activity.

I get on at work and do a lot of browsing...I don't comment a ton because I'm still trying to remember things after being out of the hobby for about 10 years. But I have the site pulled up pretty much all day at work. :)

Hi Everyone, especially PheonixKingZ . I have been fishkeeping for a year now and am a newish member of the group. I think I am probably one of the members who come on here asking for advice and then 'disappear.'
As a novice fishkeeper I have posed several questions, including help for sick fish. PheonixKingZ, I know in the past you have supported me. I am so grateful for the advice I have been given from everyone. I feel I am too inexperienced to give advice so maybe that is one reason why it looks like I don't participate. I do come on to the sight and read up on subjects and q&a to build my knowledge.I'd rather look on here than random sites. My tank containing 3 juvenile discus cracked just as I was about to add more. I have had to set up a new tank that I have aquascaped. First time attempt. I now have 6 discus and will be adding another four. It is a very new tank but when it grows and settles in I will post on tank of the month. I have voted in tank of the month and pet of the month in the past. I dont have the time to use chat. At the moment I am keeping an eye on the discus. Part monitoring, part enjoyment. I am also regulating my community tank with water changes as my nitrate hit 40. Its now down to 10. ALso when my Discus were in an emergency tank I was doing daily water changes. So you can imagine my fish are taking up my spare time and are my priority. Please don't think I am making excuses. I just wanted to give a perspective from a relatively new fishkeeper and site member . I think this site is a fantastic resource and a friendly site. Please dont be despondent about members who seem inactive. Who knows, in time it could be me (or someone else like me) contributing to advice. Sorry for the long post guys. Well done if you read right to the end! x

Most seem to have only a question or an emergency and after the answer is given they leave. The Forum is sort of like being the google of the fish world. :fish:
Hi Everyone, especially PheonixKingZ . I have been fishkeeping for a year now and am a newish member of the group. I think I am probably one of the members who come on here asking for advice and then 'disappear.'
As a novice fishkeeper I have posed several questions, including help for sick fish. PheonixKingZ, I know in the past you have supported me. I am so grateful for the advice I have been given from everyone. I feel I am too inexperienced to give advice so maybe that is one reason why it looks like I don't participate. I do come on to the sight and read up on subjects and q&a to build my knowledge.I'd rather look on here than random sites. My tank containing 3 juvenile discus cracked just as I was about to add more. I have had to set up a new tank that I have aquascaped. First time attempt. I now have 6 discus and will be adding another four. It is a very new tank but when it grows and settles in I will post on tank of the month. I have voted in tank of the month and pet of the month in the past. I dont have the time to use chat. At the moment I am keeping an eye on the discus. Part monitoring, part enjoyment. I am also regulating my community tank with water changes as my nitrate hit 40. Its now down to 10. ALso when my Discus were in an emergency tank I was doing daily water changes. So you can imagine my fish are taking up my spare time and are my priority. Please don't think I am making excuses. I just wanted to give a perspective from a relatively new fishkeeper and site member . I think this site is a fantastic resource and a friendly site. Please dont be despondent about members who seem inactive. Who knows, in time it could be me (or someone else like me) contributing to advice. Sorry for the long post guys. Well done if you read right to the end! x
Lindat...I hope you will enter one of our contests...we have Tank of a the Month, Pet of the Month, and Fish of the Month contests. On March 1st, we will have the Tank of the Month contest for Nano tanks only..any tank 16 US gallons or less. In April we will feature 17-29 gallon tanks, and then in May we will feature aquariums 30 gallons or bigger. In mid March , we will have the Pet of the Month contest..you can enter any pet except fish in that contest.

Lindat...I hope you will enter one of our contests...we have Tank of a the Month, Pet of the Month, and Fish of the Month contests. On March 1st, we will have the Tank of the Month contest for Nano tanks only..any tank 16 US gallons or less. In April we will feature 17-29 gallon tanks, and then in May we will feature aquariums 30 gallons or bigger. In mid March , we will have the Pet of the Month contest..you can enter any pet except fish in that contest.
Can a 2 gallon tank join ?

I would say (my self included) a lot of new members sign up looking for help and advice, some people see this as a hobby and stick around to try and offer support or guidance to others, while some get the help they need and are never to be seen again...

I’m very greatful for the help I’ve got so I’ll be frequenting here a lot!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back