FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
I would consider myself an active member, wouldnā€™t you guys? But I keep seeing more and more members that are on the forum for less than 1 day a week and are only on for an hour or so. I also see a lot of new members posting one thread and then never being on again. Do they not feel a dedication to their forum? I donā€™t know if itā€™s just me, or what. Thoughts?

Most seem to have only a question or an emergency and after the answer is given they leave. The Forum is sort of like being the google of the fish world. :fish:

People have lives outside of the forum. When I've got projects on the go that I'm working on then I might only briefly check the forums once. As for the new members, to me most of their threads are usually about sick fish so they get answers and then don't reply.

I know people have lifeā€™s outside of the forum, it just seems like they arenā€™t very dedicated. I have full school and little jobs around my area and I still am very active. I just donā€™t get it.

I know people have lifeā€™s outside of the forum, it just seems like they arenā€™t very dedicated. I have full school and little jobs around my area and I still am very active. I just donā€™t get it.
People have different priorities and sometimes some of them will overrule logging onto a forum. I'm in the middle of a big cross stitch project so my free time goes on that rather than being online. I'll be honest, I don't really get the point of this post. What are you looking to achieve out of it?

I wish I could be dedicated to this forum, but there is nothing to dedicate myself to. This forum is not very active at all and there is only so much you can do. I am only on 10-15 minutes acumulative a day Due to this. Now on other forums I am on for 2-4 hours a day because there is a new thread every 2-5 minutes almost.

It depends on where your passions lay, if you are super passionate about fish and want to do everything you can to help other people with the hobby vs of your just a little bit into the hobby and help sometimes vs if you just want an answer and then your gone

Iā€™m trying to understand why there are only a couple of active people here, this forum has thousands of members. It doesnā€™t make sense. :dunno:

It depends on where your passions lay, if you are super passionate about fish and want to do everything you can to help other people with the hobby vs of your just a little bit into the hobby and help sometimes vs if you just want an answer and then your gone
Thatā€™s a good statement. :)

People come and go especially if they don't have to pay for something. It happens on every forum but I think especially on free sites.

A good number of members are from when the forum started in 2003 (I think) and that was 17 years ago so they may not be in the hobby. And a lot of people come just for an answer and never come back. That was my intention but then I answered a question and then I got a reply and so on and so on lol

Well, I hope that our contests will increase interest a bit and help keep members coming back to review status of the contests and also to participate in them
I often multitask by going on the forums while I watch tv, listen to the radio, or listen to music. Being retired gives me more time to web surf so I, as a moderator, visit our site many times a day...sometimes for just a minute or two and sometimes for several minutes. When I set up the contests, I can be on our site for a half hour or more.

Some members participate more than others like you--PheonixKingZ, Bryon, and Colin (who comes out after dark in Australia like vampires and goblins do) :lol:

Last edited:
Well, I hope that our contests will increase interest a bit and help bring members back to review status of the contests and also to participate in them
I often multitask by going on the forums while I watch tv or listen to the radio. Being retired gives me more time to web surf so I visit our site many times a day...sometimes for just a minute or two and sometimes for several minutes.
I multi task as well. Most people cant devote time just for a forum so they have to

Well, I hope that our contests will increase interest a bit and help keep members coming back to review status of the contests and also to participate in them
I often multitask by going on the forums while I watch tv, listen to the radio, or listen to music. Being retired gives me more time to web surf so I, as a moderator, visit our site many times a day...sometimes for just a minute or two and sometimes for several minutes. When I set up the contests, I can be on our site for a half hour or more.

Some members participate more than others like you, PheonixKingZ, and Colin (who comes out after dark in Australia like vampires and goblins do) :lol:
Thatā€™s makes sense. Lol to that last part. :lol:

I would consider myself an active member, wouldnā€™t you guys? But I keep seeing more and more members that are on the forum for less than 1 day a week and are only on for an hour or so. I also see a lot of new members posting one thread and then never being on again. Do they not feel a dedication to their forum? I donā€™t know if itā€™s just me, or what. Thoughts?

They are a one-hit-wonder. many people think fish are easy to care for told this at store when they then find out it cost money and there is a lot more to it then a goldfish swimming in a fishbowl. when they run into problems they come here. They then realize what's involved and give up. or many people come here only when things are not going there way. I like to learn and help others so I consider my self very active. I truly wish more people had the passion I and some others do. but honestly, not everyone does and we as a community need to respect that. That's why im an all-day suckerfish. XD

Most reactions

trending

Back