I have 4 white with the black, not sure what type they are. Very beautiful

The tank as it is just now
5ftl6thAug20141a.jpg

Stocked with

9 Angels
1 Black Ghost Knife
8 Black Widow Tetra
Bristlenose - unknown number

I need some of that val, can't find and stuff that ain't dead our covered in black algea it anywhere around my area. What watt per gallon do you have to grow it?

There is a 4ft double T8 sitting on top of this tank, the tank is 5ft long and 18"high

I would class it as low light

The 4 Val planted closer to the front in larger groups is like that to break line of sight. The only sod in there is the gold angel, but he just shoos them away really, all bluster. And being there are so many others in there now, he doesnt just pick on 1.

So today i go to give the angels their morning feed and all of them are out and about and swimming amongst each other with no nastiness.......totally awesome!!!

Will try to get some vid later :)

It's moments like these which makes this hobby so rewarding :)

Lovely! Have been dipping in and out of this one, amazing job you have done there.

Updated pic
5ft22ndSep20141a.jpg

There are currently 11 angels in the tank, though i think i may need to euthanize my large male (yep the one who lost his mate), frustrating, he is otherwise healthy but i think his swim bladder is had it, he cannot balance and keeps floating to the top, he is eating, but its not a good thing to appear weak and in distress in a predator tank . I have tried what medications i can think of, tried feeding him peas, but float he still is. Breaks my heart, but i feel for him watching him struggle to want to join in with the other angels :(

Everything is looking absolutely beautiful..so sorry about your large male. Maybe you could find him a home with someone else that has more calm tank mates or no tank mates at all?

I could house him in another tank, but i dont think its fair on him. He mostly just floats on the surface, this drys out the side that is facing upwards,causing scale and damage to his eye. He has no quality of life at present

I am going to try one more thing, if that is unsuccessful i will euth him.

So this morning i gave the angels their snack feed, and the smokey male is still doing his normal floating thing, coming upright with effort to feed, still a fairly happy, though disabled, camper. I haven't had the heart to euth him as other than the floating issue he is looking great.................well. Tonight i get home from work and check them fish and lo and behold the smokey is swimming normally, finally. I have no idea what the issue was, or if it is a permanent thing, but i couldn't wipe the smile of my face, so pleased i didnt give up on him

So update on all the residents....

All the 11 angels are getting along brilliantly, hardly even see any push and shove. The black widows are growing nicely and have never even attempted to fin nip anyone. The Gouramis spend their time chasing each other or swimming around pecking at the wood/plants. The BGK (Diablo) is still doing his thing mostly at the bottom, though he does come to the surface and feed with the angels and others.

All in all this tank is my pride and joy, many an hour i sit watching their antics. So peaceful!

Updated pic
5ft18thOct20141.jpg

Angel group shot (not all in the photo)
5ft18thOct20141b.jpg

So glad the smokey has gone back to normal, hopefully he stays that way! That's great that everyone is getting along, would love to see another vid of the tank (I think there was one before?)

Will try for a vid tonight  :)

Yeah i am sorta a bit lost what was wrong with him, but awfully glad i left him longer than i normally would have......

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back