29 Gallon Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I think tiger barbs look fantastic in your tank.  Looks like your wood released some tannins, which I think looks awesome.

By the way, do you have a quarantine tank?  I'm not sure about your Petco, but my local Petco always, always has caused an outbreak of badness in tanks (Ich, fungus, etc).  I never buy anything live from that Petco anymore, and I always quarantine new fish.

TallTree01 said:
What do your room mates think?
I only see my Pleco once very 2-3 days tbh. They're hidey little Bad word removed.

They like them! I explained that tiger barbs are really aggressive and it's hard to keep other fish with them, so you see them a lot less than other fish. Not strictly true, but they're not in your average community tank, haha. It helps that these ones are schooling so tightly right now, it's a very cool visual. They're really going to grow into the tank. It'll look very nice and well stocked when they grow to their full size. I made it very clear that if they touch my fish they're dead. The last thing I need is drunk overfeeding of my fish. I'm keeping the food in my room.

Came out to check on the fish.. and the pleco is hanging out on the side of the glass! He's got a lot of rocky hiding places so I guess he's feeling comfortable.

NeonBlueLeon said:
I think tiger barbs look fantastic in your tank.  Looks like your wood released some tannins, which I think looks awesome.

By the way, do you have a quarantine tank?  I'm not sure about your Petco, but my local Petco always, always has caused an outbreak of badness in tanks (Ich, fungus, etc).  I never buy anything live from that Petco anymore, and I always quarantine new fish.

I love the tiger barbs so far. The wood did release the tannins, it looked kind of crummy yesterday, but today it's a little lighter and I like it. 

I don't have one set up, but I have one ready. Since I've bought all the fish at once.. They might as well be in a giant quarantine tank. I checked the fish over an there's no signs of ich or fungus, but I will keep checking. My petco, for everything it's bad at, seems to be pretty solid on keeping fish healthy, if not keeping them in the most ideal tankmate situations. Blue lobsters with small cichlids.. imagine how that went.

Just a couple updated pics. Here's a higher quality full tank shot:

bFsvVDC.jpg

It looks very empty! I really want to add some more to it fish wise. Unfortunately a tiger barb passed in a mistake with the heater on my part. So I have 9 tiger barbs and 1 BN Plec... what can I up the tiger barbs to? Can I add another BN plec?

Speaking of - here he is, up close and personal!

1n52j1t.jpg

Sometimes. He likes to think he's a tiger barb:

Ya1fkcW.jpg

but yeah, any comments and thoughts appreciated!

SamB said:
Sometimes. He likes to think he's a tiger barb:
:lol:
That's a nice setup Sam!
Sorry to hear about the loss of one of your barbs.
rip.gif

Thanks Nordk!! Yeah, me too. considering upping my stock today..

You could add 3 more tigers and only one more BNP

I added a wooden hood to this bad boy a week ago that I built. Next stage is a stand! If you want the build pics, let me know.
20130702_210304.jpg

20130702_210314.jpg

hinged lid with attached lights!
20130702_210318.jpg

Heres a couple pictures of this tank:

oWOkwyGh.jpg

w1MNXfJh.jpg

648UbYZh.jpg

:D Thanks! I really like it. Tigers are so great to watch, if a pain to keep with other fish..

Wow you did find a good deal! The wonders of Craigslist hahaha

Thanks all. The  tigers I added yesterday are happily schooling so far

Nice work man! Clean and simple :) You'll have to post a video of the tank soon ;)

Nice school of tigers Sam! Glad to hear they're getting along with the new ones! :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back