220 Reef system Diary

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Oooooo go on you know you want too! ;) :lol:

Navarre said:
Oooooo go on you know you want too! ;) :lol:
i can see it now i buy the tank but cant afford the lights yet, once my little busness gets going i willing to put 10k into a marine set up thts how much i love marines and if i dont get a 10ft tank i will get a tank made by seabray 600 gallons look at the pic thats the one i want i cant remeber dimentions i think its 6ft by 4ft by 4ft but i think its bigger

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 62
ok the next stage was to clean it and build the wier.

bracebar2.jpg

TO do this the bracing bar had to be removed and redesigned so a weir can fit here. Alot of the tank needed re-siliconing too, the silicon had got damaged in many areas so this was replced.

Next came a partial water fill and the addition of new sand. I am going ot add the sugarfine livesand from the old tank to this new tank. I have got 2 different grades of sanf for the new tank, they are coarse and medium. i hope this will give diversity to the life in the tank especially once the surgar fine is added.

The partialwater fill was left overnight to reach the correct temperature.
waterfill.jpg

waterfill2.jpg

Next stage is the final fill and the livestock going in, :kana:

Ok everyone, time for the next set of updates...

I half filled the tank and left that water overnight to reach the correct temperature. The following day i placed the tank water from my 100 gallon tank into the new one along with all the liverock, fish, corals and livesand. The results were this :sick:

murkyasfur.jpg

You can see my asfur trying to finds its way through the murky depths!

murkytank2.jpg

I left 2 small powerheads running so that there was minimla flow through the tank. After 2 days thedusts had settled and the tank finaly looked like this!

220new.jpg

I have not done any aquascaping yet. The rocks and corals have fallen just as i placed em in the tank. I do not have anywhere near enough liverock to start creting structures yet so i have left the rocks scattered to give the fish a feeling of securityand to allow the light to reach as much rock surface as possible.

The left hand side of the tank.
220newleft.jpg

The Middle of the tank.
220newcenter.jpg

You can see how the right hand side of the tank falls i nto darkness. This is because the 400w halide cantreach that far. :/

My favorite bit of live rock. This will be forming part of a coral atoll when i finally get more liverock to add t the tank.
220newliverock.jpg

My Asfur Angel, Silty wrasse and some corals.. an encrusting Pagoda and a maze coral.
220newcorals.jpg

My Clam (which now looks tiny!) and my bubble coral
220newclambubble.jpg

And finally for now...
My Baby :wub: She is so gorgeous, the camera just doesnt doher justice. She will be the star attraction of the tank one day alongside my tangs when they arrive.
220newasfur.jpg

ok thats it for now.. more updates in the next stage. :D

wow, that tank of yours has certainly come a long way chris. :thumbs:

LOL @ that murky water pic - It looked so dirty and foggy. :alien:

Im afraid to say that the tank has suffered a major crash and many of the fish posted/photographed above are no longer living :(

Chevron Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Goldrim Tang (x2)
Asfur Angel
Poison fang blenny
Bi Colour Angel
Percula Clowns (x2)
Royal Gramma

I was foolish to think that adding all the tangs together would stop aggression and thus give a better chance of survival. The consequence of this was infact the opposite. Adding all the tangs at once means they all got whitespot and marine velvet simulataneously and the tank could not cope with 5 tangs carrying the disease (my Purple tang has survived) and the disease whited out almost the entire tank.

Emperor Tang
Marine Bettta
Silty Wrasse
6 Line Wrasse
Anthias
All of these survived.

So the tank has been in quarentine for the last couple of weeks. 2 UV filters and a recent addition of an Ozone unit has been impllimented to get teh tank back into a healthy envrionment. Im pleased to say the Ozone turned the ide when all else was failing. Now the tank is looking far better than it has during recent weeks.

I have not added any more corals or fish to the system but next weekend i am going to a Marine meeting in Taunton and i will possibly make a purchase or two at that time. This will be in preparation for the next marine meeting in Warringto in early June where i hope to make some larger purcahses (Mostly liverock and Sohal Tang)

Sory if the updates have been pretty scarce but i had intended to make an update nextweekend after the meeting.

More will follow soon i promise :/

Sorry to here that Navarre :/

That is some list of fish to lose in one go (especially when all seemed to be going so well too).

Here's hoping that all goes smoothly from hereonin.

steve

It was a shame, bummer about all your stock. Hope you have a good meeting though and ill be looking out for all those updates youll be making after your purchases! ;) LOL :)

Sorry to hear about the lose Navarre. But look at what you have ahead of you. I know that it seems heart breaking but you can pull though just be strong and have paticeance. :sad:

Most reactions

Back