45 Gallon Reef Diary From Setup To...?

Every time i read this thread the trials and tribulations amaze me,

Glad to hear you`ve got everything sorted mate.

P.S ITS MY BIRTHDAY!

Yey, happy belated birthday :D. Mine's coming up too :shifty:

And Mr. M, I ordered 50 hermits in a group-buy with my local club today. Gonna have a forest of hermies in there before the mantis comes :lol:

And Mr. M, I ordered 50 hermits in a group-buy with my local club today. Gonna have a forest of hermies in there before the mantis comes :lol:

50! Hahahah. The sacrificial Soldiers. :lol: I ordered about 2 dozen in my last GB, and when they came they all looked hilarious in the bag, id cry at the site of 50. :p

As many of you know, Reef Command met with other commanders from other theatres this past saturday. Many pieces of knowledge were exchanged, along with equipment, officers, and friendlies. Reef Command chose to remove a few friendlies (yellow leathers, and some mushrooms) in exchange for some hardware (mag 5 and Seio M620) and a new friendly. It is Reef Commands' understanding that this particular species of friendly is not very common in British or Australian theatres, yet somewhat common here in american territories. Reef COmmand is nevertheless proud to introduce its latest friendly, Blastomussa Merletti

02-27-07Blastos.jpg

It is Reef Commands' understanding that this particular species of friendly is not very common in British or Australian theatres, yet somewhat common here in american territories. Reef COmmand is nevertheless proud to introduce its latest friendly, Blastomussa Merletti

That all depends on species Ski! :lol: B. wellsi isnt as common here your right, but B. merletti is common. I thought it (B. merletti) was rarer in the states/UK. :S Whats its skeleton structure like? Plocoid or Phaceloid? Thats the main distinguishing difference between the two species, but I cant see it from your picture. From first impressions I thought B. wellsi.

In a freak streak of luck, a few months ago I rescued a slightly damaged B. Wellsi (harder to find here) from the LR bin for $5!!! :hyper: Oh man, I walked outta there with a massive smile! I think the chap knew what is was too! :nod:

I cant believe you traded so little for equipment! Great work! :D

Ski if you open up the mag drive you wil see that there are screws open to the flow of salt water.
A member of my local club just had his sps reef die because of a large amount of rust that a mag 9 built up and released.
You should remove the screws and replace them with plastic screws.I think i have the sizes of the plastic srews needed for a mag 5 saved somewere ill take a look for ya.

Other than that nice Blastomussa!

Mr. M, definitely a Merletti, its got the "stalk" structure (not sure which one of those big words you used ;))

Redstrat, 10 steps ahead of you :lol:

Next frag... Red or orange blasto wellsi :D

I actually do use steel screws, but they are very high-carbon expensive stainless steel ones, $0.80 per screw :blink:

Reef Command would like to introduce the latest Officer in the Fleet. Please welcome Rear Admiral Kimberly "Leopard" Bryant. Rear Admiral Bryant was kind enough to pose for a few photographs before retiring to the sand bed for the evening in a puff of smoke. Reef Command eagerly awits her return to action tomorrow. Rear Admiral Bryant was eating well in her former theatre, and Reef Command hopes it can achieve the same results.

02-28-07LeopardWrasse.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back