220 Reef system Diary

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Im afraid the tank has had to take a back seat for a week or two whilst i push all available funds into getting mar car back on the road (replacement engines and labour costs make this a sobering prospect).

The tank is still sitting at Jasons Aquatics awairing the lounge floor to be strengthened enough to suport its total wieght.

Opcn, yeah the mothfish was a gorgeous little fish, the reef tank simply wasnt not the right environment for it so i sumped it to allow it the live food it needed (much slower flow in there too) but im afraid it simply didnt feed and slowly deteriorated :sad:

my SG was correct asi use a refractometer rather than a hydrometer to test SG :*)

Navarre said:
Im afraid the tank has had to take a back seat for a week or two whilst i push all available funds into getting mar car back on the road (replacement engines and labour costs make this a sobering prospect).
Been there done that. Except I was out between Tampa and Orlando in the middle of nowhere when it happened to me. It sucked.

Sorry to hear about the fish. I can't wait to see the new tank eventually though :)

Edit: 100th post whooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo!

Navarre said:
replacement engines and labour costs make this a sobering prospect.
I think your mechanic may be ripping you off here.
Most cars only require ONE engine.
:whistle:

Oh! :eek:
And he told me the space under the hatchback at the rear of the car was where the other engine was stolen from! :grr:

OK tank Update....

Jason from Jasons Aquatics cameover today and we mad a start on reinforcing the floor for the new tank.
THe floor had to be cut open so that we can now pour concrete in there to use as a foundation for the tank stand.

The tank doesnt lok very big in the van but here you can see the size of this tank at the hole is only slightly larger than the tank that will be sitting on it. By using Jason as a comparison you can get a size comparison on it :hyper: :crazy:

jasonbuilding.jpg

jasonbuilding2.jpg

Glad to see that you're finally getting the floor support taken care of :)
I wish that my landlord would do that for me :lol:
Of course, that would encourage me to spend more money...so I don't want that right now.

Goodluck with everything!

Ok BIG Update!!!

SOooo...

The last time i posted we had opened fht floor redy for the concrete foundation..

Ok the next part is to craete a solid base for the stand to fit on. The concrete foundation goes in.

tankfoundation1.jpg

tankfoundation.jpg

We left this for a week to allow it to "set".

Ok next stage!

The stand supports...

standbricks1.jpg

standbricks2.jpg

These were leveled and prepared for the wooden base that the tank will sit upon.

My thanks to aquascaper for the next part.
The floor was replaced and the wooden frame constructed. A few changes made to the electric cables and the stand is ready for the tank. Once the tank is in place the cladding can be worked on.

standbricks5.jpg

Ok the next post if the arrival of the tank!

Ok so the tank finally arrives...

Forgive the photos here as the wife took them and she was laughing so hard the camera kept shaking. :/

Its soon apparant the tank is far too tall for the doorframe.
tankmove1.jpg

So we tilt the base and manouver it under the doorframe. We had less than an inch to spare in the ceiling of the hallway!

tankmove2.jpg

tankmove3.jpg

tankmove4.jpg

And its in!
tankmove5.jpg

tankmove6.jpg

tankmove7.jpg

tankmove8.jpg

tankmove9.jpg

And finally!!!!!

The Eagle has Landed! :kana:

tankmove10.jpg

Ok the next stage is to clean it. Its been left empty since September and needs a thourough clean.

Will keep you updated with more piccys soon. :nod:

err kinda :whistle:

THe leg you can see in the picture is my son and that is the sofa flush against the fireplace!!!

We have 2 alcoves at each end of the room, one currently has my 100 gallon in it and the other a book/dvd shelf. both will come out and we have 2x 2 seater sofas to go into each alcove and free up the space in fron of the tank :p

thats mad matey :D but i reken you would like my living room theres plenty of space for that tank and the 100 gallon and the tv and the sofa and it has a solid floor, im still looking for a tank theres been a couple of 8ft ones but they sell at stupid prices so i might just get one hand made 10ft by 3ft by 2.5ft but thats just a dream at the moment

Most reactions

Back