10g Build Journal.

Stocking for my 10g?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello TFF!

After my betta died :)rip: Blaze) I drained out my 10g tank. I found and removed over 50 cherry shrimp! (One question , some of them are a darker color, mostly the males. It's an unnatural discoloration of you ask me. Just a question.)

I plan to take all of the sand out tomorrow. (In some places it was black, why? I'm just going to get rid of it all.)

I'd like to setup a Pea Puffer tank. How many could I get? What do they eat? Are they compatible with shrimp? Do they need a blackwater tank, and if so, how do I set one up? Sorry for all of the questions. :)

(P.S. I plan to journal every day on this thread and I will include pictures! :))
You can feed them blood worms, snails, daphnia and other live or frozen foods.(I haven’t fed mine frozen foods though so IDK how they’ll deal with that). They most likely will kill the shrimp, I keep shrimp with mine but 99% of the time they will kill shrimp. They don’t need black water. I would keep 3 in a 10 gallon just make sure you have line of sight blocks

Pufferfish need food with a hard shell to help wear down their teeth. If they don't get hard shells to crunch on, their teeth grow too big and the fish won't be able to eat.

You can feed them shrimp, snails, mussels and various other foods.

--------------------
If you only have a thin layer of sand (1/2 inch max), it will be easier to clean and less likely to turn anaerobic.
Pea puffers actually don’t need to file their teeth down as they grow too slow to be a problem

Filled it up with water last night and added a few breeding snails. The filter is running smoothly. I put a filter cartridge in on of my other tanks filters. This should make the new one completely filtered, right?

Im also going to plant today, so excited! :)

Attachments

• 14F4BBD5-DD1E-411E-AF9C-61E85EE34274.jpeg
    14F4BBD5-DD1E-411E-AF9C-61E85EE34274.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 48
Those are some beautiful killifish. Where did you get them and how much did you get them for?

Those are some beautiful killifish. Where did you get them and how much did you get them for?
Thank you @PheonixKingZ . The fish in post #22 is a male Fundulopanchax gardneri Rayfield location. I have three males . I got them as pairs from a fellow AKA member at $15 bucks a pair. All the females are dead. One from weird circumstances. I think she stabbed herself on something sharp, possibly driftwood that had not been inspected carefully. The other two females were victims of male aggression. Fundulopanchax species are notorious for this. I have since learned how to prevent this. I have raised exactly one fry from eggs I collected and it is a female. She's three months old now and I hope to breed her by Summer's end. I sure hope so. The second fish is a male Aplocheilus linneatus Golden Wonder Killifish. I got him and three females from Exotic Pets here in Billings Montana for $7.50 each. They lay eggs all the time. I'm going to do a separate mop set up for them soon. The males get up to 4 inches and are very prone to eating anything that they can fit in their mouth. Thank you for your compliment.

Wow! Amazing! I was asking the cost because when I went to my LFS the other day and there was this pretty plain looking killifish that cost $19.99! It was about 1 inch long and as plain as Kansas.

Ok guys, I managed to plant some Anacharis along the back of the tank. I’ll upload pictures in a little bit. :)

(the water still looks a bit dirty @Colin_T how do I fix this? Is it normal for a new tank?)

leave it for a few days and if it hasn't cleared, drain and refill the tank.

wipe the inside of the glass too because sometimes you get dirt on the inside and the water can look dirty even tho it's just the glass.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back