10g Build Journal.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Stocking for my 10g?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes get them at once. Be sure it is heavily planted enough that their sightlines can be broken
Ok, thanks to both of you. I'll wait until the Anancharis has grown in more, so that it will look for full. I'll also add 1 more small piece of driftwood. :)

Hey guys! I haven’t done an update in a while, so I figured, why not?

Here is the tank up to date:
B26AAE31-84CB-4F3C-8F4C-310172488807.jpeg

76775B9A-B755-4021-AAAE-B60815C64544.jpeg

As you can see, it looks great! I added the root coming out, for more effect.

Here are the water parameters:

Ammonia: 0ppm

ph: 7.6

Nitrate: 2.5-3.5 (it was kind of hard to tell)

The parameters seem to be ok and ready for fish. Am I right?

Hey guys! I haven’t done an update in a while, so I figured, why not?

Here is the tank up to date:
View attachment 100096
View attachment 100097
As you can see, it looks great! I added the root coming out, for more effect.

Here are the water parameters:

Ammonia: 0ppm

ph: 7.6

Nitrate: 2.5-3.5 (it was kind of hard to tell)

The parameters seem to be ok and ready for fish. Am I right?
Looks good to me

Hey guys! I haven’t done an update in a while, so here it is.

The tank is doing great. All of the plants have grown in really nice and the water parameters are still stable. I called my LFS yesterday and asked how much their dwarf pea puffers were. They said $6.99. (That’s a lot more than I though.)

I’m starting to not want to get pea puffers. 1( Because of the cost. 2( They need a lot of food that I’m just not ready to get it. And 3( I would much rather rescue a betta.

I’m not quite sure what my budget is yet for a new betta, but I would LOVE to get a Plakat koi betta. (@NCaquatics has really been a bad influence on me, lol. ;))

So what do you guys think? Pea puffer or betta? Rescue betta or eBay betta?

Tagged people: @TheTenthDoctor, @Deanasue, @NCaquatics, @Fishmanic, @Retired Viking, @JuiceBox52

I'd say pea puffers because they are unique and cute, but they are slightly more work because they need brackish water.

I know you didn't the me but I think it would be amazing if you did does puffer but if it is to expensive for your budgetget a better if you like..... make sure that you at least get a fish in there :p

Practical reasons... hands down a betta is a better fit.

If you are really wanting a koi, go for a koi :D imports are more money but apparently are healthier stock.

But i also cant disagree with rescuing a betta. Sometimes they can be the best. I got a veiltail mutt boy, gimpy little fin on him, but i took him home from petsmart in a cup. He isnt the smartest fish around, or the most interesting for appearance, but hes a great little guy and he makes each day just a bit brighter.

I think I’m going to look into a betta. (Plakat koi’s specifically. ;))

I’m going to try to see if I can order one from my LFS. And if not, I’ll see what they have at PetCo.

I think I would love to go to PetCo and see a betta and be like, “That’s the one I want. That is going to be my betta”. :)

I would get either of the betta options.
I think I’m going to go with a rescue betta from PetCo. I have around $13 to spend, which is pretty good. I’m hoping they will have a nice betta there that I can rescue, that is in my budget.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back