My new sorority

Its a 2 foot 18 gallon.

So I got a new female ( I hope ) Plakat, I floated her in a clear container for 2 days before letting her go, and the first thing she did when confronted by one of the big girls was take a chunk out of her tail, she might be small but she wont put up with nonsense LOL.

I hope its a girl

FS0oiMc.jpg

Poor thing look at the stress stripes on her, But given that shes sharing a tank with 3 females who are twice the size of her and she has some human trying to photograph her using a flash shes OK.

Last edited:
See if you can spot the one who first flared at the new girl and came off second best.

Oos4fV4.jpg

Shes going to be fine,
3OFy9TV.jpg

Last edited:
So I got a new female ( I hope ) Plakat, I floated her in a clear container for 2 days before letting her go, and the first thing she did when confronted by one of the big girls was take a chunk out of her tail, she might be small but she wont put up with nonsense LOL.

I hope its a girl

FS0oiMc.jpg

Poor thing look at the stress stripes on her, But given that shes sharing a tank with 3 females who are twice the size of her and she has some human trying to photograph her using a flash shes OK.
Oh I hope it works out...she's gorgeous!

Today at feeding time she came to the top like the other girls but hung back from the group a bit, Totally understandable she only been in the group 24 hours, So I made sure she got fed first, Then I fed the other 3 .

I also put 10 Glass shrimp in the tank, all 4 are busy hunting.

Today she has come to the top of the tank twice when I approached it so as a reward I gave her half a Atisons Betta Pro pellet I also gave the other 3 girls half a pellet each. Doing this will teach her to come to the top for feeding, In a few weeks I will slowly start feeding her closer and closer to the other 3, I have this silly system for feeding them I make sure they get a New Life Spectrum pellet each then I throw in about 8 Atisons pellets scattered around, that way they have to search for it and eat fast or miss out. I will make sure the young one gets a fair share for now.

How do I know it was half a Atisons pellet? I cut them under a magnifying glass on a stand using a scalpel. And before you ask why? Because I was bored there was nothing on TV and my moderating duties on bleepingcomputer.com were done.

One of these
Folding-Magnifier-and-stand-%E2%80%93-2x-Big-Lens-10x-Small-Lens.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back