My new sorority

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
By vacuuming the substrate I am removing nutrients the plants need then I have to go out and spend money on some fertilizer that may or may not work.
I have Malaysian Trumpet snails in the tank they and bacteria break down the mulum and fish waste converting it into nutrients the plants need including CO2.

The only thing I do is feed the fish and change 50% of the water once a week, The only additive I use is easy Life Fluid Filter media and Indian almond leaf thats why the water looks yellow, I do not even bother to remove old Indian Almond Leaves from the tank they make great food for what few shrimp I have left and snails.

I just fed them mosquito larvae and they went feral, at 56 seconds you can see the new girl in the top right hand corner, She is still wary of the other 3 but when they are in this mood I would be too.

.................................................................................................
It is now an 2 hours after the video was taken and they have settled down.

Last edited:
So I got a new female ( I hope ) Plakat, I floated her in a clear container for 2 days before letting her go, and the first thing she did when confronted by one of the big girls was take a chunk out of her tail, she might be small but she wont put up with nonsense LOL.

I hope its a girl

FS0oiMc.jpg

Poor thing look at the stress stripes on her, But given that shes sharing a tank with 3 females who are twice the size of her and she has some human trying to photograph her using a flash shes OK.
WOW!! She's one tuff lil girl. I'd worry about the big girls. Lol.

including the feeding frenzy. Go girls!!
Yes Go girls, they have been going so hard they have hunted my Red Cherry shrimp in that tank to extinction, I have not seen 1 in a few days now but I don't mind active fish that are hunting and catching live food are healthy fish I think. I might have to start thinking of names for them.

Yes Go girls, they have been going so hard they have hunted my Red Cherry shrimp in that tank to extinction, I have not seen 1 in a few days now but I don't mind active fish that are hunting and catching live food are healthy fish I think. I might have to start thinking of names for them.
They have such personalities, I always name my Betta girls and my Angelfish.

Sorry it's taken me so long to post - been up to my eyes in Uni stuff - its finally half term so I get a bit of time to myself!!

So what made you decide to get rid of boof head Nic? And what did you do with him? I recently rehomed a fish a big common pleco - made me cry, not sure I could do it again!!

Those girls are absolute stunners. They look like a lot of fun - especially at feeding time! It's something I'd like to do in the future but for now I'm getting a lot of fun out of having Errol in the office with me (except when he plays hide and seek!!)

Look forward to seeing how they all settle in together.

I traded him for the girls.

Thanks they do look great, All the fun of a single Betta time 3,Just dont stick your fingers in the tank they will attack them The young new one is still shy

Sorry about the crappy quality video I took it with my phone, As you can see the new girl is doing great, no ripped fins, This also gives you an idea of how small she is.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back