My new sorority

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Why oh why did I get a sorority, Normally I only had to deal with one nosy betta at water change time, I now have to deal with 4 all crowding around the end of the hose luckily I have a bit of sponge over the end to prevent one from getting sucked up, I lost a betta because of that so lesson learned.

I know the feeling, I almost sucked up my sister's male while doing a water change and putting some new plants in. He only made it halfway up the tube though, didn't get anywhere near the hose end.

They are beautiful. The large lighter blue one looked like one of my betta girls, I named her Carolina because she's Carolina blue. She was one of the most aggressive of the lot. She flared and chased everyone all the time, except feeding time and she would still flare at them then. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever had. I had to remove her and I put her in a 20G long with 6 pepper corycats. She checked out the cories and ignored them. She loved to help them eat their shrimp wafers. She was very happy and came to greet me ever time I walked by. Carolina died and 2 others died from the Betta tank in a week's time. I was devastated. They lived about 2 1/2 yrs. So I have Pinky and Blue Boy (the smallest of them ) left. They always hung around together and theres been no aggression. I'm debating on getting 3 little females. My very first Betta sorority, I bought 5 from Wal-Mart. Big mistake. 2 died in 3 days. I waited a month and the other 3 improved greatly. So I went out of town and bought 2 little girls. I took the 3 out of the tank and rearranged the plants, added a few and put in different decor and did a 50% water change. I added the babies, the put the 3 original s back in. There was no aggression at all, I was thrilled. I know every fish is different. But Im thinking my 2 remaining girls now. They are older. I feel like I should get 4 babies for the 2 girls, but then I think I should wait. Well I've rambled on and on. I do that sometimes. I just intended to tell you how stunning your Carolina colored betta girl is. I was wondering how old she was, due to her size. Thank you and best wishes. PS... I'm new and don't know the rules and regulations. Where do I go to read about everything pertaining to this site? Thank you for your help and time.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

They are beautiful. The one with the Carolina blue fins is just STUNNING. If her body was more blue, she would look like one I recently lost. Her color is amazing.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Thanks they are beautiful girls and yes the large one is the boss.

I think you should set up another sorority

Well I had to remove my attempt at a Riparium, the girls are jumpers when they see a house fly near the surface, and today the smaller blue one jumped and got stuck in the basket luckily I spotted it and freed her.

So I got medium bit of water sprite from the 6 foot tank and put it in the 2 footer.

Thats basically 1 plant there are a few smaller bits that are daughter plants but that sucker is 50 centimeters across at its widest point.
3SsEsq5.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back