My new sorority

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Persephone has a tumor as well as early stage diamond eye but she is happy and active and eats like a Betta ( shes a little piggy )
oh crap! Seems a lot of betas have tumors?
And Diamond eye? So it's not dragon genes?

oh crap! Seems a lot of betas have tumors?
And Diamond eye? So it's not dragon genes?

Diamond eye is when a dragonscale betta's scales grow over it's eye, causing it to go blind. It is also called "Dragon Eye." Also known as Snake Eye.

Last edited:
I hope it's a slow growing tumor that Persephone has. Did she have it from when you got her?

I've also noticed a small raised spot on Otabek's back, near his dorsal. I thought it was a loose scale but it hasn't fallen off nor grown any.

I wonder if the fish like bettas and gouramis get tumors and the like so often is because of the pollution in the air that they breath in. You don't often hear of non-labyrinth breathers getting tumors (goldfish are the exception).

I didnt really notice if she had it when I got her, I have been reading that its common in dragonscale bettas.

Along with the scaling covering the eyes, dragon bettas have a much higher incidence of developing tumors. The blindness is something that is easily dealt with and bettas can live years without sight. The tumors on the other hand do tend to be fatal in the long run although it might take the a while to get that bad. Just something to think about when purchasing dragon bettas.
http://www.fishforums.net/threads/dragon-bettta.426192/

The scales are thickly coated with iridescence,hence the reason they look so thick.They are prone to this pigment growing over their eyes and causing blindness as well as tumors.Some breeders believe the tumors are caused from the irid piling up on the cells causing abnormal growth.

Hey Nick, How has your flood tragedy been going? all taken care of now? (for the most part you know?)
Also whens the next tank update on here, or did that... have to be taken down?

ah dude that sucks :l
Again my condolences. But hey, bright side, you get to have fun rebuilding it! well idk if you find it fun, I would lol.
Good luck again Nick :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back