Arghhhh! I Just Found Molly Fry In My Son's Tank!

Where is the joke from? I may understand it.

Arrghhhh my sunburst platy is giving birth. I have too many orange fry!!!!! I saved the first out now it's survival of the fittest.
The only problem about ghost shrimp is they only last about 1-2 years :sad: . Because I used to have 3 of them. But the good thing is that there only 33 cents each :D

Yeah they've got a short lifespan, but they're nice :)

Well we found another floater in the fry net so I guess we're down to 20. Not that I can actually count them though, the little buggers are so fast. The rest all look slightly bigger. When do you think I can release them into the main 10 gallon tank?

Well we found another floater in the fry net so I guess we're down to 20. Not that I can actually count them though, the little buggers are so fast. The rest all look slightly bigger. When do you think I can release them into the main 10 gallon tank?

It depends. What other fish are in there? How many hiding places (like plants, etc.) are there?

The simple answer is that they will grow best in a fry tank (with no other fish) where they will have space to grow quickly. If that is not available, then it will take longer. They can go with the rest of the fish when the fry is too large to fit in the mouth of the other fish.

My fry arent growing too fast but growing pretty fast. Mine are about 2 cm. The newborn is maybe 1/3-1/2 cm so I guess 2 cm is good for 6 weeks?

It depends. What other fish are in there? How many hiding places (like plants, etc.) are there?

The simple answer is that they will grow best in a fry tank (with no other fish) where they will have space to grow quickly. If that is not available, then it will take longer. They can go with the rest of the fish when the fry is too large to fit in the mouth of the other fish.

Yeah, looks like I'll be waiting a month or so. There's a Dwarf Gourami,(5) Glowlight Tetras & (3) Fancy Guppies. The Dwarf always looks hungry & the fry are like sitting ducks..............

I just checked the ammonia & nitrite in the 10 gallon & the ammonia was .5 ppm!!! I completed the first 50% water change & I plan on doing at least one more in the next hour or so. I can't really do larger ones all at once because of the fry net. I think it's best to do more 50% changes rather than one large one.

We also lost one of the Glowlights last night. She looked very pregnant & this morning we found her floating upside down with her belly ripped open. It was probably the handi work of the Dwarf............

I was considering lowering the bioload for that tank by moving the Dwarf to my son's 20 gallon after I return his (2) Glass Cats to PetSmart. I hate to return them but they should be in groups of 6-8 at very least & you can tell they aren't happy. Dwarf Gouramis are best in at least a 20 gallon tank anyway. What do you think of that plan?

Sounds good :good: i like glass cats but I couldn't add another 6-8 fish to my tank :look: then I'd have no room for goiramis.

Sorry to hear about your Glowlight Ruskull. :rip:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back