Arghhhh! I Just Found Molly Fry In My Son's Tank!

Good stuff Ruskull!

They will grow much faster in the 10 gallon tank. :good:

That's the plan. This way I can wait until they're large enough to pick a healthy looking female to keep and the rest will go to a local fish store. :nod:

Sorry I can't see him I'm on my iPhone. Sorry.

I guy with the free tank said it's mine & I plan to pick it up tomorrow. My 72 year old father said he'll take the Betta and put it in a 20 gallon high setup that I found on Craigslist for $20 complete! So basically the Betta will even be better off. He's been wanting to get back into the hobby and what better way then to start off with a decent middle of the road setup like this one. I'd ship him to you instead but I've never shipped anything live & I'd hate for you to get a box with a dead fish in it.

I will shoot you some pictures anyway, in the unlikely event something falls through.

BTW, my father will probably join this site too. That'll be 3 generations of us on here counting my son!

Ok that's fine. Yeah I'll just look around some more. I'm sure he'll be happy in the 20 gallon. You get all the deals over there don't you?

Sorry I can't see him I'm on my iPhone. Sorry.

I guy with the free tank said it's mine & I plan to pick it up tomorrow. My 72 year old father said he'll take the Betta and put it in a 20 gallon high setup that I found on Craigslist for $20 complete! So basically the Betta will even be better off. He's been wanting to get back into the hobby and what better way then to start off with a decent middle of the road setup like this one. I'd ship him to you instead but I've never shipped anything live & I'd hate for you to get a box with a dead fish in it.

I will shoot you some pictures anyway, in the unlikely event something falls through.

BTW, my father will probably join this site too. That'll be 3 generations of us on here counting my son!

Ok that's fine. Yeah I'll just look around some more. I'm sure he'll be happy in the 20 gallon. You get all the deals over there don't you?

Lol, I'm really looking forward to this weekend let's just say. 2 new tanks but I'm only keeping the 10 gallon temporarily for the sake of the fry. The 20 gallon comes with a Marineland Penguin 200 Bio-Wheel filter too! That's the same filter I have on my 36 gallon & when all is said and done, I plan to put both on my 36 gallon.

Well I'm trying to decide what to do with all these fish & tanks, etc. & my son & I think we should keep the 20 gallon & give my father the 10 gallon with the Betta. The reasoning is that my wife will be mad either way, so might as well get the bigger of the 2 tanks right? :shifty:

You have to answer to your parents but I have to answer to her..... :crazy:

This way I can move my Power Blue Dwarf, (4) Guppies & (5) Glowlights to the larger 20 gallon & let the fry loose in the existing 10 gallon. It's only one extra tank for my wife's sake.

I'll pick up the 10 gallon tank with the Betta & the (2) Corries and deliver it straight to my father's house rather than bring it home at all. I've also decided to give him my one remaining Albino Cory to go with the two already in the tank. Last night I noticed the Lemon Tetras kinda picking on him a bit & I don't want that going on in my tank so he has to go. I've always wondered whether he gets enough food anyway, because the big Gouramis eat from the top & the Tetras & Barbs eat what they let sink down. That doesn't leave much else for him. In the new 10 gallon he'll only be competing with two other Corries & a Betta. Win/win I guess.

Lol yeah why not just keep the bigger one. You can then get more fish in the long run :p and there's more selection. Good luck :)

Well it's Sunday morning and I'm ready to meet the guy with the free 10 gallon Betta/Cory tank and my father hasn't answered his phone yet............

It's 11:17 am and I'm supposed to call the guy around noon. The last thing I want to do is pick up the tank that's less than 1/2 filled with water & deliver it to a guy who isn't even out of bed yet!

Leave it to the retired guy to sleep late and mess this whole thing up............

I'm still getting the tank today, even if I have to bring it home a face the wife's evil glare.

Lol well good luck. That glare does sound pretty evil :rofl:

Well I just got back from delivering the tank to my father. How stressful, he wasn't ready, I had to help him clear off the top of a dresser to put the tank there, and then I realize I forgot the freaking filter back at the guys house! Yes, I drove all the way back, picked it up & then drove out to my father's house again.

Then my father wanted to follow me back to my house to get my Albino Cory, a siphoning thing and an extra heater that I had. He just left now, what a crazy day!

I will miss my Albino Cory but he's with the 2 Peppered Corries that came with that 10 gallon. The Betta is awesome too, I took some cellphone pics but you can't really see him that well with the cloudy water.

I'll get some better pics soon enough.

Cool. Did you have to deal with THE GLARE!!! Duh duh duh!! :lol: :rofl: looks like you had a crazy day. I had a boring day of chores and homework. My mom told me to study for my school spelling bed tomorrow but I could really care less so reading threads on here is my studying lol. :good:

If you study hard enough you can do well in school. Doing well in school usually leads to a better paying job in the future, which leads to more money to spend on aquariums!!!

Tomorrow night I'll pick up the 20 gallon tank on my way home from work. That tank isn't established yet, and it has some butt ugly river rock mixed with light blue gravel junk which is going directly in the garbage. I'll be doing this 20 gallon high with natural sand substrate and a black background.

Once that settles I'll try to spike the filter with media from my other tanks. If it tests okay I should be able to add the Power Dwarf, Guppies & Glowlights pretty quickly. That's the plan anyway................

Yeah. I want to be a marine biologist or at least work with animals so science is my main concern. I'm in all above level classes and my lowest grade (this year anyway) on a report card was an 87. So I am doing pretty good. I'm making a very decent amount and I have a great year for my business to really take off already.
We recently bought a lawn mower so this summer until about October I'll be painting mailboxes, cutting lawns, and painting lamp posts, then in October or november (when business slows) I can get a job as a bagboy at a local grocery store for $10 an hour :D
I've got a decent plan.

Sounds good :good:

If you study hard enough you can do well in school. Doing well in school usually leads to a better paying job in the future, which leads to more money to spend on aquariums!!!

Tomorrow night I'll pick up the 20 gallon tank on my way home from work. That tank isn't established yet, and it has some butt ugly river rock mixed with light blue gravel junk which is going directly in the garbage. I'll be doing this 20 gallon high with natural sand substrate and a black background.

Once that settles I'll try to spike the filter with media from my other tanks. If it tests okay I should be able to add the Power Dwarf, Guppies & Glowlights pretty quickly. That's the plan anyway................

Was just reading this thread! It was sweet seeing your son on here and sharing your interest in fish. I'm hoping that my boys will get something good out of all the tanks I'm filling our house with. hehe My hubby has the "glare" too :crazy: We will have 4 fishtanks in my house and we've only been into fishkeeping for a month. Its nuts! I hope the gouramis I want do okay with corys. It seems like you were having trouble.

oh..do you have a recent pic of the fry? We found platy fry today and got to watch one be eaten, it was a pretty big shock. I want to get a breeder net but I don't want to end up with 100 fish. I need to find somewhere that will take our fish if I start raising fry. It sounded fun!

Yeah. I want to be a marine biologist or at least work with animals so science is my main concern. I'm in all above level classes and my lowest grade (this year anyway) on a report card was an 87. So I am doing pretty good. I'm making a very decent amount and I have a great year for my business to really take off already.
We recently bought a lawn mower so this summer until about October I'll be painting mailboxes, cutting lawns, and painting lamp posts, then in October or november (when business slows) I can get a job as a bagboy at a local grocery store for $10 an hour :D
I've got a decent plan.

That's a very ambitious plan, make your parents proud. :good:

My son's doing very well in school, all A's and only 1 B the first quarter. He plays Center on Offense, Defensive End & Tackle on the Clayton Comets Football team. He sings in chorus & plays the violin too. We're very proud. He's only 10 but he has the attitude of a teenager already :crazy:

Was just reading this thread! It was sweet seeing your son on here and sharing your interest in fish. I'm hoping that my boys will get something good out of all the tanks I'm filling our house with. hehe My hubby has the "glare" too :crazy: We will have 4 fishtanks in my house and we've only been into fishkeeping for a month. Its nuts! I hope the gouramis I want do okay with corys. It seems like you were having trouble.

oh..do you have a recent pic of the fry? We found platy fry today and got to watch one be eaten, it was a pretty big shock. I want to get a breeder net but I don't want to end up with 100 fish. I need to find somewhere that will take our fish if I start raising fry. It sounded fun!

I've only been into this hobby for 4 months or so, since October when we got him a 20 gallon fish tank for his birthday. :lol:

My wife likes the fish but 4 tanks after 4 months is a bit much for her. Compared to your tanks I have low gallonage..............

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back